PDA

View Full Version : 'The Glorious 12th'

HJM
04-02-2005, 07:58 PM
One week to go now til the 'Season' begins - at Castle Combe (also known as Japfest Prep)

Trackdays - automotive heaven :adore: :boing3:
(one of the main reasons for living and owning a VR4 :rolleyes5 )

Race prep's have begun - just had 2 new Falken FK451's fitted to the rear at a very reasonable cost of
£82-50 each (best price from a local Rapidfit !).

Will be replacing the fronts after Combe, ready for the Nurburgring (sorry Pete (Spirit) - won't mention it again -------------> til Combe :laugh: )

Simon - have you got a car yet or will we be admiring the "Shopper's Hatchback" ???????????

Looking forward to seeing some club members for the first time in 2005 (only seen Pete and Shaz thus far) and doing battle with some different cars - hope it's wet as most are 2wd :D

The Vee
04-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Yep
Looking forward to it myself. I'll not mention the other place(does that have a familier Ring?). No preps for me though - no time I'm afraid. Will probably still have the original wheels on as I took my woolfies off for the winter salt and $iht ! Gotta give those VR's a chance
Damn.....Where's me coat and my shelter!!!

Spirit
04-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Right that's it !!!

I am going to bring pasties next week........and eat them in front of you all !!!!

muhahahahaha

The Vee
04-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Pasties.........................Check mate

Pete.. You win Hands Down !!

HJM
04-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Right that's it !!!

I am going to bring pasties next week........and eat them in front of you all !!!!

muhahahahaha

That's OK by me - you've got the fastest car, so feel free to weigh it down with Ivor's finest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAUL
05-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Not long now I'm ready just got four new Yokohamas to ruin :rolleyes5
And some other bits and bobs since my last visit.

Just got to start my No Rain Dance!

Simon
05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
still no car! not for trying!! i'll be watching and admiring from the side lines......with my camera to catch the action!!!

Simon
05-02-2005, 03:51 PM
PS .................had a chat with our insurance broker and was going through a list of possible cars for quotes and at the end of the call he said............"now dont forget, the brake is the middle pedal,..............dont be afraid to use it"!!!!!!!!!!!! what is he suggesting......has he seen me drive (or spin!) :rolleyes5

Spirit
05-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Shame no car sorted mate - but keep your chin up, I'm sure the right one will come along - look forward to seeing you next weekend guys