PDA

View Full Version : Dales Mitsubishi Newquay........

marsh
04-02-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised.

After giving up on AP motorsports in Plymouth for the rather urgent replacement of my front brake discs (and being uncertain of finding someone to fit some if I bought them myself) I called Dales in Chapeltown.

phoned wednesday, booked for friday, they collected the car, did the work, cleaned my Legnum from top to bottom, returned it back to me with a bill for £323.

I'm actually quite pleased about it. They might be the standard items but I'm not putting the car on track, so I'll live with it. Whether they work or not might take me a while to find out......

Spirit
04-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Did you not see my post regarding the National Discs/Ferodo DS2500 pads mate ?

marsh
04-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I did but not until after the event.

Still, I'm happy so ner.

cribba
08-12-2005, 12:35 PM
They do seem to be good. Just got the cam belt changed there, they knew the car (mine's a Legnum VR4 '96, and yes, friends have said it has a passing semblance to a hearse) and sorted it for £220, which I didn't think too bad. Maybe someone is now going to tell me that I was ripped off, but I don't think so. Also came back gleaming in and out, even the ashtray full of chewing gum and fag ends was so clean it shone!
But it doesn't end there. Needed the front bumper cover. Gave them the chassis number on Friday about 4pm. picked it up Tuesday and it was even the right colour! Just under £34 inc. vat which for what it is seems expensive-ah well, just have to make sure I don't loose it!

WildCards
09-12-2005, 12:48 PM
£220 for a cambelt is good, i was quoted £280 from Renault to get the Scenic done. My Mum paid a little over £500 to get the front discs and pads replaced on her Merc, so at £323 that isn't bad either.