PDA

View Full Version : New forum user from Aus

The_Giefster
11-10-2013, 02:44 AM
Hey everyone.

I am new to VR-4's but not new to Mitsubishi's. Currently I have an Evolution 8MR with 300kwatw that I use as a weekend/track toy and a Mirage as a daily. I am looking to upgrade my daily with a Legnum.

Nick Mann
11-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Have fun! I have a friend with a stock evo 8 mr and my modified legnum was a close match. I hope you enjoy it!

Bender
11-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Welcome to Clubvr4

The_Giefster
11-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks guys. Do you have any pointers when going to inspect the Legnum's? I am ideally looking to get a facelift type s.

MarkSanne
11-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Welcome Ryan! Rear wheel arch rust and next things are: maintanance history! Fluids: extremely important to use the correct stuff, you'll find plenty of info on here about it, but seeing you've already got Mitsu experience you probably know this, yet it's good to get the correct spec stuff for our cars. They aren't weak at all but just demand to get the right stuff.

Lower straight & curved suspension arms, steer-linkage, bushings, wheel-bearings; all the usual stuff needs to be looked after while the youngest FL you'll find is 10 year old so prone to have some wear on these parts which will result in bill$ if they're not upto spec anymore...

AYC function (the pump) is another one to look into. If there is a whine that's not from bearings, and/or the AYC indicator goes on (I mean the single red 'AYC' warning indicator, not the 3-fold AYC bars indicators) then there might be something wrong there too. And this can be expensive if truly at fault. On the other side: do check if the 3 AYC indicator bars go on when you do some spirited cornering. At least one or two should be easy enough to start blinking. For the 3rd make sure you know what you're doing ;) (I guess you know how such cars work with your EVO, but nevertheless: it's a big estate and if it's on stock suspension...

The_Giefster
11-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Thank you very much for that info Mark! Yep i've had my Evo for 5 years. And always keep the maintenance up!

elnevio
11-10-2013, 10:37 AM
/Welcome