PDA

View Full Version : need help fast! please read my friends

97vr4
24-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Hey guys (in Toronto Canada and tonight was coooold)
I was walking out to my car tonight and tried to use my remote start about 50 yards away
The car didn't start, i got in and it wouldn't start. Battery was dead.
I got a boost from a friend and off I went.
When I got home I turned the car off and it was making the sound like I left my lights on
Lights were off
Daytime running lights, rear lights and boost gauge won't turn off
I close the door and the sound stops
Lights stay on

I think: When I tried to use my remote to start the car, there was enough power in the battery to send the signal to start the car but not enough battery power to start the car.

I pulled every fuse behind the change holder above the gad peddle
Pulled every fuse under the hood. Didn't pull any relays. Hands were cold

What could it be?
I took one battery terminal off to prevent it from draining the battery.

Anyone had an issue like this?

Thx in advance

mike74
24-10-2013, 01:06 PM
it might be a dodgy light switch on the stalk rather than anything more sinister, thats where i would start anyway. try removing the steering column shroud & disconnecting the multi plug from the light switch to see if the lights go out. failing that, it might be a bared wire somewhere in the loom but hopefully not...

Nick Mann
25-10-2013, 09:08 AM
How easy is it to disconnect the remote start?

MarkSanne
25-10-2013, 09:24 AM
I'd go with Mike's suggestion too. Either go door to door and check if the light-switch-stalk is working correctly and if they all check out, get the connector disconnected. It is not something that I've heard of before though. The other way around (door-switch-stalks not working anymore, thus lights staying off) happens quite often as the metals inside the stalk-thingy get oxidized (therefore easy to fix btw).

Still: do this simple door-test first, just to eliminate the obvious. Then I would think the aftermarket wiring for remote start stuff will probably be where the trouble is. The electrics of these cars don't often get all gremlin, usually it's when it's been tampered with.