PDA

View Full Version : Irish man in Oz buys his first Vr4..

Brianod
26-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Hi all. My name is Brian. I'm from Ireland but living in Australia for now. Recently purchased my first mitsubishi Legnum vr4. Lovely car to drive, cept for a suspension knock, only 60000 klms, black 97 with full cream leather auto tiptronic standard enough.. Hoping this site will educate me in the know how's of this car as I'm new to mitsubishi's. I'll get some pics up later on as I'm on my phone at the moment, cheers..

exevoowner
26-10-2013, 11:24 PM
/Welcome

Davezj
26-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Hi and welcome to the club.

any question you have will be answered by by some one. we are a friendly bunch on here, but please remember most of the question have will have already been answered in other posts on this forum. So please do a search or advance search before starting a new thread to ask a question that has been answered 100 time before.

one other thing i would say is there is a sister site of this forum which is OZVR4.com deadicated to australia VR4 ownershop. there is a lot of people on here that are also on OZVR4 so quite a lot of info passes from one to the other .

have fun with car and enjoy it.

as for the rear suspension knock, it could be a number of things, best thing to do is get the car jacked up on axle stands or put on a ramp and and check all the suspension arms for play with a pry bar, it should show up any failed bushes, drop links, or shocks.
but before you do that take everything out of boot and go for a drive just to check if anything loose in the goot is not causing the knock.

Brianod
27-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Thanks mate. Yeah must start searching the site for a possible answer. The knock is coming from the front somewhere not the rear but thanks.. I'll check out the Oz site too cheers.

unclepaulie
27-10-2013, 09:57 AM
could be Lower control arms. get that looked at asap. you do not want a front lower control arm failure at all

BubbaLeggyVR4
27-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi, welcome...
My front suspension knock was my lower arms (banana links) at the ball joint, drivers side worse, which amazingly passed 2 MOT's! :inquisiti
Couldnt believe it! Came to light when I was checkin wheel bolt tightness, front drivers wheel rocked forwards by almost an inch!
Check them mate, banana links and lower arms, cuz as said u dont want a failure :sad3:

Bender
28-10-2013, 05:41 AM
Welcome to ClubVR4