PDA

View Full Version : Removing MMCS

mattnz
28-10-2013, 02:07 AM
Hi everyone.

I'm looking to remove my MMCS, and replace it with the heater controls so that I can install a coin tray and all the sweet benefits that it affords.

My question is: is there a difference between MMCS and non-MMCS behinf the fascia? i.e. is there a particular bracket I will need to acquire?

Also, any other issues I might come across (differences in the loom), I assume it will be straightforward, but I could be dead wrong.

Cheers, Matt

kiwigalant
28-10-2013, 02:42 AM
You will need the metal brackets that the stereo/pocket will attach to. I had no issues with the wiring, basically just plugged in things where-ever they will fit in. I ended up with I think one unused plug from the air con and the numerous other ones that were for the MMCS from the CD stacker/navi unit.

mattnz
28-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the info! Whereabouts did you get a bracket from?

kiwigalant
28-10-2013, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the info! Whereabouts did you get a bracket from?

I got them from a mitsi wreckers in hamilton for $25. Too bad youre not near a pick-a-part. Where are you getting the air con control and trim surround from?

mattnz
29-10-2013, 05:02 AM
Got it from some wreck, completely slipped my mind that there might be a bracket as well. Shouldn't be too hard to find I guess. They're common and not very useful.

Adam.Findlay
29-10-2013, 07:21 AM
CANDEE has done it before

CANDEE
29-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah just get the "normal" stereo bracket, the center dash bit and the aircon unit and plug it in. I think there was only one spare plug on the ac unit. The rest can just be tucked under the carpet as there will still be live wires even after unplugging anything. I have just gone the whole hog and pulled all the wiring out and was a bit of a mission.

kc427
30-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Sorry to bring back this old post.

As far as I know, if changing from non-mmcs --> mmcs, need another set of MMCS harness to make it work. My question is, mine is already MMCS, so I guess I have the MMCS harness, so if I want to remove it and back to non-MMCS, do I need to get the non-MMCS harness? Or the MMCS harness is also good to be used for non-MMCS?

Thanks guys.

Tony_T
31-07-2018, 08:02 AM
I think it all just plugs in; you'll have some wiring spare, just tape them up and put them in behind the stereo. One of my cars once had MMCS but it had already been partly removed before I got it; I just pulled the rest out along with the satellite aerials and the disc drive unit from the boot area.

kc427
02-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Thanks for your info, cheers :)