PDA

View Full Version : Removal of tcl from vr4

curtisadam
28-10-2013, 02:38 AM
Hi ive just join great site. Ive got a question had a look through posts and couldnt really find what i need, i am doin a manual coversion on a 1997 vr4 legnum which has traction control and need to know if it is possible to remove it. I have all the computers from manual 1. If i sawp all them for the ones out of the auto will this remove it ?? Thanks

GalantOnly
28-10-2013, 07:52 AM
You can't just swap ECU's. You'll need to swap the wiring loom to those ECU's too...

curtisadam
28-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Ok thanks, took the loom out of the manual that was a mission, is there away to bypass tcl on start up and just leave the old loom and computers there ?

mattnz
28-10-2013, 10:32 AM
You will also possibly need a non-TCL throttle body.

I would use a manual ECU, otherwise you will probably get the ECL bitching about TCL solenoids and whatnot.

wintertidenz
29-10-2013, 05:26 AM
You will most likely have to swap the AYC ECU as well and ABS, as these are tied in with TCL and ASC.

mattnz
29-10-2013, 10:11 PM
They should be fine with a manual ECU, they were for me anyway.

curtisadam
30-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Cheers mattnz thats good to hear, i have a tb out of a manual so i'll just add that to the list of things i'll need to swap.

elnevio
30-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Nick Mann has done a few conversions. I'm sure that you can leave the wiring loom and TB alone?

GalantOnly
30-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Nev
The reason, I mentioned loom swap, because he wrote "I have all the computers from manual 1"...
ASC/TCL/ABS ECU (A/T) and AYC ECU (M/T) don't share same connectors. But if he only changes the engine ECU, there's no need to swap the loom, of course

elnevio
30-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Nev
The reason, I mentioned loom swap, because he wrote "I have all the computers from manual 1"...
ASC/TCL/ABS ECU (A/T) and AYC ECU (M/T) don't share same connectors. But if he only changes the engine ECU, there's no need to swap the loom, of course

:iagree:

This is why I ditched my attempt to get the facelift autobox working correctly in my car. It was easier to put in another PFL gearbox than replace the loom and AYC/etc. ECU.