PDA

View Full Version : Decsions

tupac
28-10-2013, 12:28 PM
got a white gallant vr4 2000.. thinking about getting a black carbon fiber bonnet. what u reckon keep it all white or white with black bonnet

Gingerfish
28-10-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm always a fan of outstanding colour contrast (I have a finesse green car with a bright green bonnet and Lime green centre console).

I think it works whichever way you decide to go. Vinyl wrapping is a good way to incorporate colour too. I Vinyl wrapped mine for £40!........ although it did take me around 8 hours non-stop to finish it.

Wodjno
28-10-2013, 03:16 PM
I like the Taxi look /yes

Davezj
28-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Why stop at the bonnet, you can do the bonnet and roof in carbon fibre wrap and save youself hundreds on the cost of a proper carbon fibre bonnet in the process.
And when you got bord of the carbon look like a lot of people seem to do, rip off the vinyl and you back to white for no cost.
Remember if you declare a carbon fibre bonnet to the insurance company it will probably push your premium up by a few hundred pound a year.

ako
28-10-2013, 09:36 PM
My 2c is leave it all white

I hate fake carbon stuff - its the equivalent of those fake brembo brake caliper covers to me - it's literally saying "I'm trying to show off but don't have the $ to do it" - left stock and tidy it can BE tidy and look nice without dividing opinions

tupac
29-10-2013, 05:54 AM
yeh it will be my first piece of cosmetic work. think I will go the carbon bonnet $400 and I like the sound of carbon roof (no one has to know its vinyl lol thanks for the input my vr family