PDA

View Full Version : documents on a vr4 uk model

Yacuza
29-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Hi.
Is there any one here who owns a VR4 Galant 98 sallon car manual trans who can give their VIN number on their car??

I need it to get the documents from Mitsubishi UK.

I have the same car in Norway and since this car is not omported in Norway from Mitsubishi Norway the DNV in this contry wont let me put license plates on it. BUT if i can get the documents from a car in the EU region it possible to get the car on the road.
I spoke to one guy at the Mitsubishi home office in UK and he told me that if i got hold on a VIN number from a UK car he could send me the papers of the car.

I hope someone here can help me, i have tryed to get the car on the road now for 5 years..... So im kinda desperat at this point.
If you dont want to put the VIN number of your VR4 on this post, pm me

Bes regards from Norway

TAR
29-10-2013, 11:12 PM
what 'papers' are you expecting from Mitsubishi UK?

I think its unlikely anyone will give you their VIN number as this could be a scam.

:happy:

Yacuza
29-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Cycle test.. Not emission test that is to weak of a document. Also all info about the car.
But mostly the Cycle test. That is a test the TÜV runs the engine trough to get it approved to scandinavia.
I spoke to a owner on the mobile.de site. He was gonna look it up too...sooo x fingers. I understand it looks like a scam but it isnt.
I dont know what to do anymore.... I tryed sweden also but the car is approved on paragrafs not from Mitsubishi Sweden it self so i got no where there either.

Love the car but feel like a criminal everytime i take it out for a spin.

And a temparery license plates cost 350Nok = 40£ each day in Norway. And you cant ride with friends. Its a license plate for moving the car from A to B.

I gave them my VIN number but since my car isnt imported in UK he couldnt find it.

Yacuza
29-10-2013, 11:58 PM
I have older threads to confirm it is legit.
I was about to try to put my car on the profile picture to, but i cant figure it out :)

elnevio
30-10-2013, 12:06 AM
You need to be a full member to use your own profile pictures.

Davezj
30-10-2013, 02:34 PM
i think you will have to specify what exact document you are looking for.

are you asking to the V5 registartion document. if so i doubt anyone will do that.
or are you asking for a the type approval document that was produced for the prefaclift cars.
the facelift cars did not get a type approval document as the laws in the UK changed and you do not need this document any more.

All VR4 are imported into UK from Japan so i presume you will need to correctly import it into Norway.

Nick Mann
30-10-2013, 02:37 PM
The car was never type approved in the UK, or anywhere in Europe. There are no official figures for anything like that as far as I know? ALl UK cars, imported new, supplied by Mitsubishi or grey imports are all treated the same way here - taxed on engine size not emissions, tested for emissions on a generic test not a specific one.

Yacuza
30-10-2013, 03:33 PM
i think you will have to specify what exact document you are looking for.

are you asking to the V5 registartion document. if so i doubt anyone will do that.
or are you asking for a the type approval document that was produced for the prefaclift cars.
the facelift cars did not get a type approval document as the laws in the UK changed and you do not need this document any more.

All VR4 are imported into UK from Japan so i presume you will need to correctly import it into Norway.

All i need acording to DNV in Norway are the cyclus test of the engine.
I do not know what a V5 document are. I dont need document containg owner and information like that.
But if it hasnt been taken in by England Mitsu office, then i am stuck.

In Norway we do a EU controll of cars each second year. And that emission control wasnt good enough. I needed a document who showed the emission on each gear at a surtain rpm ( if im not wrong )
Maybe UK didnt have to do this for VR4.
Its a realy difficult contry to import and aprove a car as a privat person. Also special imported cars by tuners. Getting this car aproved without any documents are a dead end trial.
Thank you for replying.

Yacuza
30-10-2013, 03:37 PM
The car was never type approved in the UK, or anywhere in Europe. There are no official figures for anything like that as far as I know? ALl UK cars, imported new, supplied by Mitsubishi or grey imports are all treated the same way here - taxed on engine size not emissions, tested for emissions on a generic test not a specific one.

Ok... hmmm then its the Norwegean DNV system that is ****ed.
The car is directly imported from Japan and i made it LHD. Without any documents from the factory.only import papers came with the car...

Got answer from UK mitsu HQ. He needed about two weeks to try to diggup some info of the car i have.
I sent him my VIN number...

Thank you for replying

Yacuza
30-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Got some answer first...

" Dear Mr Solberg,
I have checked our system, and can confirm that this is not a vehicle that we have officially imported into the United Kingdom and as such we do not have any records on this vehicle.
I can certainly investigate with the factory if there are any outstanding Recalls on this vehicle, however, it should be noted that this can take 15 days to investigate. *Please advise if you wish to proceed.
As the vehicle now appears to be in Norway, I would suggest that you contact Mitsubishi in Norway for any further information that you require on the vehicle. *Their web site is*http://www.mitsubishi-motors.no/home.aspxt some answer just now."

"

Yacuza
30-10-2013, 03:44 PM
And now i got this.

Dear Mr. Solberg,

As previously advise, as this vehicle is not officially imported into the UK by us we do not hold any technical information on this vehicle.*** *
I suggest that you contact a local Mitsubishi Dealer in Norway for further assistance to your technical enquiry.

*Yours sincerely,

Confused
30-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeah, even the cars sold through the UK dealer networks were never actually Type Approved - each of the ~200 that Mitsubishi imported individually went through an "SVA" ("Single Vehicle Approval", which has now been amended and rebranded as "IVA", "Individual Vehicle Approval") test, just like any individual car imported by an individual. This test doesn't generate any such documentation on emissions.

I fear you may be out of luck - unless you can somehow get the vehicle "approved" in another country and then use that documentation as evidence to the Norway authorities??

Yacuza
30-10-2013, 05:31 PM
I cant import a car aproved in sweden. The same rule will apply.
Well then its a lost case.. spent 45000£ altogether for a car i cant use leagaly....

That sucks. But i should have checked up on this BEFORE i bought the car....

If there is one here that bought the VR4 trough the mitsu corp. ( not self import, i hope that guy can pm me the VIN number )

Thanks again for the help guys...

Confused
30-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Chris, Kryton purchased his Galant from a Mitsubishi dealer, he may be able to provide you the VIN.

Or, there is another member (whose name escapes me currently) who is selling the vehicle used for the photographs in the "official" UK brochure.

However - Mitsubishi UK may still not be able to help, as I believe these vehicles (like the FTO, GTO and Evo) were actually imported by Ralliart UK, rather than the Colt Car Company (aka Mitsubishi UK) - the same may still apply - the SVA that these vehicles went through does not require or supply details on engine efficiency...

exevoowner
30-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Get it on a dyno

Kryton
30-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Mine was auto according to colt cars so won't be much help. The only manual facelift saloon I can think of is birdys old one but don't think it was an official import

BubbaLeggyVR4
30-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Dyno will only give power at wheels not emissions :(
Needs a pipe up its bum to do that lol

Yacuza
30-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Chris, Kryton purchased his Galant from a Mitsubishi dealer, he may be able to provide you the VIN.

Or, there is another member (whose name escapes me currently) who is selling the vehicle used for the photographs in the "official" UK brochure.

However - Mitsubishi UK may still not be able to help, as I believe these vehicles (like the FTO, GTO and Evo) were actually imported by Ralliart UK, rather than the Colt Car Company (aka Mitsubishi UK) - the same may still apply - the SVA that these vehicles went through does not require or supply details on engine efficiency...

A: I Think it is the SVA paper i need, its a start any way. Do you have a web site for Rallyart UK i can use?

Get it on a dyno

A: Not aproved by DNV in Norway

Mine was auto according to colt cars so won't be much help. The only manual facelift saloon I can think of is birdys old one but don't think it was an official import

A: Ok, thank you for the reply

Dyno will only give power at wheels not emissions :(
Needs a pipe up its bum to do that lol

A: True

Nick Mann
30-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Ralliart UK became known as Xtreme when Mitsubishi UK wanted to have the Ralliart name back under their own roof.

I have no idea if Xtreme can help or not, but this is their website:
http://www.xtreme-uk.net/

My understanding is that "Ralliart" always imported VR4's from Japan, but some were before Mitsubishi owned the Ralliart name in the UK. So some were imported by what is now Xtreme and some were imported by the Colt Car Company, aka Mitsubishi UK. However, each and every one was imported as has been said above, under the SVA rules.

kiteman
30-10-2013, 10:40 PM
If a vin number will help, I can provide the number from a legnum auto I had crushed last year.
By the way I'm directing this post at the general members and not Yacuza.

What do you think guys.
I am in possession of the certificate of destruction issued in Ireland.

VR457
30-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Bang on. If the car is legally dead here then what difference does it make where the vin plate is?

Yacuza
31-10-2013, 11:49 AM
If a vin number will help, I can provide the number from a legnum auto I had crushed last year.
By the way I'm directing this post at the general members and not Yacuza.

What do you think guys.
I am in possession of the certificate of destruction issued in Ireland.

A: Well we can try. like the Gentelman said, he need a VIN number that is from a car in UK region.. Sooo i will be glad for that..

Bang on. If the car is legally dead here then what difference does it make where the vin plate is?

A: True...

swinks
31-10-2013, 11:56 AM
As long all countries won't have one common registration system, then is still possible to register stolen vehicle with documents from dead car. Those vin numbers, reg certificates etc, from crushed vehicles are still desired by gangs in Eastern Europe, unfortunately. :(

Yacuza
31-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Hmm
Im not shocked.... Some idiots are destroying for others.

Anyway i sent a mail to xtreme-uk to see the respns. IF he is willing to give me the documents i can give the person who is willing to lendout the VIN number a Direct contact With that person at the xtreme corp....

VR457
31-10-2013, 03:45 PM
As long all countries won't have one common registration system, then is still possible to register stolen vehicle with documents from dead car. Those vin numbers, reg certificates etc, from crushed vehicles are still desired by gangs in Eastern Europe, unfortunately. :(

I see the problem now...

TAR
31-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Looking at the Swedish import rules, it appears that you need to apply for a Verification of origin. As the vehicle is not new and comes from outside of the EU, you need to send them the vehicle registration document from Japan. Your sales invoice, your insurance details and proof of customs clearance.
It doesn't mention specifically that you need any type approval documents?

The next step appears to be a technical inspection, again you may not need special documents.....

"Exemptions for the following import categories: relocation goods, inherited goods, 'own use' and diplomat
In certain cases, exemptions may be allowed from the requirements relating to technical equipment and exhaust emissions. The import categories relocation goods, inherited goods, own use and diplomat all gives some exemptions from the demands put on your vehicle at the registration inspection."

If you apply for the Verification of Origin and say its a personal import, you may get an exemption from the requirements for technical equipment and emissions.

But I guess you have already studied this and asked the questions to a Vehicle Inspection Company?

Yacuza
01-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Hi
Swedish rules are 100 times easyer. They have a special aproval company that checks custom built cars bikes etc etc. All they need is to show up at that station so they can look trough the car plus test driv it. Thats it...

In Norway...??!!. Idiot contry. Altough my car is built thight and rock solid, i guess even better than many other cars on the road here i cant do any thing.

Im gonna call TRS autoteknikk here Norway. I bought it trough them, and they should search for the document: Verification of origin

There is no sutch thing as a Vehicle Inspection Company. Only DNV... and they are not eady to come arround...
Thanks again..

TAR
01-11-2013, 02:18 PM
OOPS... sorry, why did I think you wre in Sweden?

I'm an idiot!! /pan

Yacuza
01-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Hehe no worries.. :)

Have a great weekend guyes, its snowing like crazy here. Time to take out my ski doo freeride and rip the mountains :)

Yacuza
03-06-2014, 01:16 PM
I've just got of the phone With that Department of regestration and what they need to get my car approved in Norway is anwers on following Q:

- Is the raw chassi the same on a 1996 sedan Galant VR4 2.5 TT 4x4 as an FWD senda 2.0GLS 1999?
- Did the emmisions demand change between 1996 to 1999 on the VR4 engines?
- If i got hold of a pre-registration papers or a TÜV approval paper on previous engine swaps like i have done, it wouls also be enough. Could it be that the TÜV papers holds answers to
maybe all my Q above..?

This is the cars i speak about:

The 2.0 GLS chassi nr is : JMBSNEA2AWZ004225

The VR4 Galant's chassi nr is: ECA5A-0001429

in forehand thanks :)

Nick Mann
03-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Most of the chassis is identical. The VR4 chassis has a different floor shape to allow for the prop shaft and rear diff. The subframes are different too for the same reasons. I understand that the VR4 chassis is stiffer, but I have only seen claims, never anything official.

The emissions requirement didn't change as far as I know. Certainly all VR4s with the 6A13TT have the same fuelling map and used the same lambda sensor type and position.

Yacuza
03-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Chassi is stiffer? in what way? I know the swaybars and the top strutbar in the front makes it stiffer along With a full 4x4 subframe/drive terrain.. It cant be used thicker metal on the chassi, that would change the Whole car bodywork aswell wouldnt it?

Nick Mann
03-06-2014, 01:41 PM
I honestly don't know. Maybe some of the floor reinforcement is better? Or the shape of the floor helps the stiffness? Or even just the subframes are beefier and that helps? I'm sure I have read the stiffer comment somewhere, but the claim was not specific as to how.

Yacuza
03-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Ok
The floor we rebuild to make room for the prop shaft an rear diff so that is taken from a VR4 asweel. And i Guess makes the car stiffer. But the frame it self?? Hmmm Cant see how they would stiffen that up since its the same body and interior..

Give me a shout if you come across where you have read it..