PDA

View Full Version : Southern Meet 4

Spirit
06-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Following the previously successful meets in Swindon, Dartmoor and Dorset, a fourth Southern meet is on the cards. Already some of you have expressed a keen interest during this quiet (ish) time of the year.....so it's time to put some plans together.

So as not to coincide with the already popular Midlands meet (on March 19th), and to allow those of you who may wish to attend both, I propose:

The Date: SUNDAY MARCH 13TH

The Venue: COFIRMED AS LONGLEAT SAFARI PARK - WARMINSTER

I have two ideas for a venue.

1: Diggerland (near Cullompton, Devon) - for a bit of JCB and Dumper Truck racing, then a convoy across Dartmoor followed by some pub grub NOW SCRAPPED AS NO RACING THIS EARLY IN THE YEAR !

2: Longleat Safari Park (near Warminster) - drive around the park (avoiding the monkey pen), tour the grounds/house and then a pub meal

The following is a list of people who's names have been mentioned as being interested - please can you confirm if you can attend and which venue would be your preference - or indeed add your own ideas !

Pete, Shaz & Conor (Spirit) - confirmed (3)
Heath & Jane (HJM) - confirmed (2)
Andy (The Vee) - confirmed (1)
Sean (Polabear) - withdrawn
Nick, Pauline & Kids (Nick F1) - withdrawn
Clive & Family (Skipjack) - confirmed (4)
Nev & Daughter (NevGroom) - confirmed (2)
Derek (Interlec) - withdrawn
Jim (Jimbo) - withdrawn

Total confirmed = 12

Please can you add your name if you would like to attend, anyone and everyone is welcome.

HJM
06-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Count us in Pete - don't mind which venue, but Longleat may be cheaper/more central ??????????
Will have a think about alternatives !

Heath

The Vee
06-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Aye, have to check work details. Probably right about Longleat, but ther is something about nutters in dumpers and JCB's that appeals to me. Perhaps it's the nutter in ME.

HJM
06-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Perhaps it's the nutter in ME.

Let's hope we don't see too much of this at Combe on Saturday - you haven't installed nitros ??????????

The Vee
06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Let's hope we don't see too much of this at Combe on Saturday - you haven't installed nitros ??????????

Nah Coombe to be completely and utterly Bog Standard - even down to OEM wheels - probably

Spirit
06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Must admit the JCB racing sounds like fun to me too - maybe I'll bang them an email to check out the prices - we could just pop along for a quick go before we tour Dartmoor

HJM
06-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Must admit the JCB racing sounds like fun to me too - maybe I'll bang them an email to check out the prices - we could just pop along for a quick go before we tour Dartmoor

I suggest we chill out after the JCB driving, before we get back in our VR4's etc - or may drive very aggressively !!!!!!!!!!

Spirit
06-02-2005, 11:49 PM
I suggest we chill out after the JCB driving, before we get back in our VR4's etc - or may drive very aggressively !!!!!!!!!!

....and your point is ? muhahahahaha

The Vee
06-02-2005, 11:54 PM

bucket, what did you say? I said BUCKET !!!!!!!!!

richieelliott
07-02-2005, 12:34 AM
I get back from sea that day sorry im not in blokes

NevGroom
07-02-2005, 08:24 AM
I think it would be a good time for me to show my face - maybe with partner definitely with daughter (if Longleat!).

Nev

SGHOM
07-02-2005, 08:31 AM
longleat 425 mile round trip, & cullompton 480 !!

If I make it, It'll mean a stopover me thinks ??

Spirit
07-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Richie - sorry you can't make it mate - have a safe trip !

Nev - will be good to meet you, bring them both with you mate

Derek - would be great if you can come, sure a stop over is easily arranged !

HJM
07-02-2005, 06:59 PM
longleat 425 mile round trip, & cullompton 480 !!

If I make it, It'll mean a stopover me thinks ??

Derek - you are more than welcome to stay at our place (free lodgings and booze!). Would be ideal if it was Longleat as that is only 40 mins away to the northwest of us - Cullompton is not so good, probably 1.5 to 2 hour to the west.

Let us know - any other folks travelling down ?

SGHOM
07-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Derek - you are more than welcome to stay at our place (free lodgings and booze!). Would be ideal if it was Longleat as that is only 40 mins away to the northwest of us - Cullompton is not so good, probably 1.5 to 2 hour to the west.

Let us know - any other folks travelling down ?
Cheers Heath/ Jane !! I knew you would come to the rescue !!

It all depends on whether I get my gearbox sorted in time. I'm not driving to devon/dorset, but having to stop every 70 miles or so to feed the b!tch !!

car is provisionally booked in to be done, It all depends on when Mitsy get my seal. hopefully soon.

HJM
07-02-2005, 10:12 PM
No problem sir - what paper would you like in the morning !

SGHOM
07-02-2005, 10:18 PM
No problem sir - what paper would you like in the morning !
err............sunday sport & viz !! OK ??

Spirit
07-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Heath and Jane you are stars, I have penciled you in as a provisional Derek !

I have now scrapped the Diggerland idea as they emailed me back to say they do not do the JCB/Dumper Truck racing this early in the year (unless we got at least 25 people confirmed as wanting to do it !).

So, for now it's Longleat unless anyone else has any other ideas ?

HJM
08-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Longleat sounds good and it's just up the road :)

Any other bods need a bed for the night, just let us know !

Jimbo
09-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Put me down as a "hopefully"......I'll have to see closer to the time though, I have shed loads of prep to get done ready for Easter....parts to order, parts to fit, money to save, etc.

HJM
09-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Jimbo - feel free to stay at our place, if not stopping at your folks on the way down.

Pete & Shaz - want to come up for a 'sub-mini-meet' Saturday night ? (No probs to bring Conor or Sean !!!!)

What's the speed limit around the Safari Park !!!

Spirit
09-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Thanks guys - will let you know nearer the time, but wouldn't get there until about 8pm if thats ok ?

HJM
09-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys - will let you know nearer the time, but wouldn't get there until about 8pm if thats ok ?

No problem at all - your room will be reserved, just in case!!

Spirit
20-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Just thought I would bump this back into play :2thumbsup

NevGroom
20-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Desparate situation now (See here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7257) ). Hopefully damage can be repaired in time.......... :sad3:

HJM
20-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Desparate situation now (See here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7257) ). Hopefully damage can be repaired in time.......... :sad3:

Hope so Nev, for your sake /yes

Jimbo
20-02-2005, 04:32 PM
I might well be able to come now, but I'm just awaiting some new Evo 6 discs to arrive (and to be cross drilled) to complement the new DS2500's that are sitting here in a box ready to go on, and then the car's "proper bo" again.

HJM
26-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Only two weeks to go - anyone else going to join in at Longleat :inquisiti

HJM
28-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Pete, Shaz & Conor (Spirit) - confirmed
Heath & Jane (HJM) - confirmed
Andy (The Vee) - tbc
Sean (Polabear) - tbc
Nick, Pauline & Kids (Nick F1) - tbc
Clive & Family (Skipjack) - tbc
Nev & Partner/Daughter ? (NevGroom) - confirmed
Derek (Interlec) - provisional
Jim (Jimbo) - hopefully

Time soon for the "tbc's / provisional / hopefully to confirm attendance (less than 2 weeks now :drummer: ) - especially if you want the 'club' lodging facilities the night before :thumbsup:

Any more to add to the above list - come on some of you haven't been out this year and it's the first month of spring tomorrow !!! :idea2:

Jimbo
01-03-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm still a "hopefully", can't commit until very much closer to the time - still awaiting new rear discs so I can fit my pads too. It's locked away in the garage until that happens as my pads have about 1mm left on them, and the discs have a nasty ring of rust on them that makes a grindy noise /help

Just had some new tyres delivered today though, so the Ring preparation is coming along. Still waiting for Mitsy to deliver a new tow-hook cover though (my car looks like it's been in a fight and had it's front "teeth" knocked out!!)

The Vee
01-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Sorry mate, thought I was of the confimed variety. Much as I would like the HJM hospitality the night before - unfortunately I'm working 'till 7. So will meet you in the Morning at whatever location you choose. A top rate coffee house would be nice, so I guess that'll be your place then :thumbsup: Can you let me know what time kick off is
Cheers
A

Andy (The Vee) - confirmed
Sean (Polabear) - tbc
Nick, Pauline & Kids (Nick F1) - tbc
Nev & Partner/Daughter ? (NevGroom) - confirmed
Jim (Jimbo) - hopefully

NevGroom
01-03-2005, 09:03 AM
I'll be there with daughter only (anyone else got kids around 11yo?).

The beast is being transferred to Mitsi in Cheltenham today - I have instructed them to get the interior back to showroom condition and I will take car of the exterior in my own time. Am now looking for a rear spoiler as the little darlings attempted to rip mine off (will obviously try to repair first.

Will also be looking for help setting my boost controller as I'm bu99ered if I can understand the insructions!!

Nev

Missbitchy
01-03-2005, 05:06 PM
I'll be there with daughter only (anyone else got kids around 11yo?).

Nev
Conor will be there he is 9 on the 7th march Oh my word where dose the time go!!!! :thumbsup:

Missbitchy
01-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Oh how many pasties will I need to get this time?? :D :thumbsup:

HJM
01-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Oh how many pasties will I need to get this time?? :D :thumbsup:

How many can you get in the boot ?????????? :thumbsup:

nick-f1
01-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Hi Guys , we can make it for sunday during the day if its Longleat, but I have a gig in Portland saturday night and one at Linwood sunday night so only have the days free if local (to me) other than that I'll have to give it a miss this time.

Nick...... /whip

Spirit
02-03-2005, 12:11 AM
I think we will be going straight up on the Sunday morning too - good to see you can make it Nick and Andy.....looking forward to it now !

Heath/Jane, any ideas of decent pubs in the area for food after Longleat ?

Spirit
02-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Andy (The Vee) - confirmed
Sean (Polabear) - tbc
Nick, Pauline & Kids (Nick F1) - confirmed
Nev & Daughter (NevGroom) - confirmed
Jim (Jimbo) - hopefully

The Vee
02-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Nice one Nick
And the Plymouth crew.............. only a boot full? come on bring one of those LT's!!
Look forward to seeing you all :drummer: :d

Just noticed your avatar Missbitchy - there's that rear end again :rolleyes4 :embarasse :uhoh2:

HJM
02-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Heath/Jane, any ideas of decent pubs in the area for food after Longleat ?

Just off to check one out now - we'll let you know whether it's any good or not /yes

HJM
02-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Just had a good meal at a suitable pub (Royal Oak at Corsley Heath) very close to Longleat - loads of space inside, varied menu, big car park - BUT only serves food on a Sunday till 1.45 :rolleyes4

Not sure how that would fit in and I think we would have to book - we will try to think of alternatives /yes

Spirit
02-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Well the safari park opens at 10am (and last entry is 2.30pm) so I reckon if we go for a 10.30 start we will be around in 2 hours no problem.

Will that give us enough time to get to the pub for say 1.15pm if we book up ?

Spirit
02-03-2005, 11:47 PM
I have also just sent an email to Longleat to notify them of our impending visit, and also to see if we can get a discount !

HJM
02-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Well the safari park opens at 10am (and last entry is 2.30pm) so I reckon if we go for a 10.30 start we will be around in 2 hours no problem.

Will that give us enough time to get to the pub for say 1.15pm if we book up ?

That would work - the pub is literally 10 mins from Longleat - shall I ring them and provisionally book for 12 - 16 and see what they say?

Spirit
02-03-2005, 11:54 PM
That would work - the pub is literally 10 mins from Longleat - shall I ring them and provisionally book for 12 - 16 and see what they say?

Go for it :thumbsup:

HJM
03-03-2005, 01:22 PM
OK, I have booked a table for 12-14 people at 2.30, as they have a large party in at 12.00, which may mean we don't have to start so early?

They do a Sunday roast for 6.25 each or bar meals (scampi, lasagne, etc). We will be in a semi private room seperate from the main bar area.

I have said I will call him next week (weds or thurs) to give some idea of how many will want the Sunday roast, so if you could let me know, that would be great.

Is everyone ok with this??

cheers,

Jane

NevGroom
03-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Defintely ok with that - thanks for the efforts Jane. Assuming my Beast gets back from the garage in time it'll be 2xSunday roasts - Will confirm next Thurs if that's ok.

Nev

The Vee
03-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Cheers for your efforts on this and roast is good for me

HJM
04-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Excellent - thanks for the responses guys, anyone else going to join us ??

NevGroom
04-03-2005, 12:05 PM
I've spoken this morning with Mitsi Cheltenham. The Beast will not be ready for at least 10 days :sad3:

I could come along in my Trooper but it just wouldn't be the same........... :embarasse

Spirit
05-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Nev, please still come along....would be good to meet you and we need the numbers (see below) :thumbsup:

Got an email back from Longleat and they have no issues regarding our visit and if we have 12 or more people we get a group discount as follows:

Usual Price:

Safari Park - Adult £10.00, Kids (3 to 14) £7.00
Grounds and Gardens - Adult £3.00, Kids £2.00

Group Price - 12 or more:

Safari Park - Adult £7.50, Kids £5.25
Grounds and Gardens - FREE

The Vee
05-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Yeah no worries, Nev, as Spirit says, do still come along

NevGroom
05-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Excellent! That's decided then, I'll be there in the Trooper (have to leave an hour earlier! :devil: )

Still in then for Me & Daughter - Looking forward to it

HJM
05-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Excellent! That's decided then, I'll be there in the Trooper (have to leave an hour earlier! :devil: )

Still in then for Me & Daughter - Looking forward to it

Good on yer Nev - that's the Spirit :inquisiti (or is that the other bloke :huh: )

Look forward to seeing a new member and we won't take the mick out of your Trooper - as it's 4wd and Jap !

Heath

Spirit
05-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Great news Nev :thumbsup:

We will work out the finer details asap - e.g. where to meet, times etc so watch this space.

Spirit
06-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Right - how about we meet at the entrance to Longleat at 11am. I cannot recall what th entrance is like but we will all have to go in together to ensure we get the group discounts so I would suggest the first one there parks up somewhere and then keeps an eye out for the rest.

We should then get into the place and off and running by 11.30 which gives us a good 2+ hours to go around the safari park and maybe a stroll in the grounds. Then off to the pub for lunch - booked for 2.30pm by Heath/Jane.

Maybe all attendees could PM me their mobile phone numbers so I can forward a complete list to you all for the day?

Anybody disagree with the plans or times ?

HJM
06-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Sounds cool to me :thumbsup:

Spirit
07-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Just conversed with Clive (Skipjack) by text and confirmed he will be coming too - will be at least three of them - so that's 15 so far so the group price is confirmed :thumbsup:

Clive and I will probably meet up at Exeter services and come up together.

The Vee
08-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Sounds cool to me :thumbsup:

and me

Missbitchy
08-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Don't forget(HJM) cameras would be a shame to miss out onthe photo opp'

:2thumbsup :D We are looking forward to seeing you all again .(Will bring dry spare clothes !!!!) /wave

If you do wont me to bring up pasties please let me know so I can arrange a deal with work!!!!
:deal2: ;)

HJM
08-03-2005, 09:15 PM
If you do wont me to bring up pasties please let me know so I can arrange a deal with work!!!!
:deal2: ;)

Ha Ha Shaz - good joke :joker:

If you don't bring pasties, Andy and I will probably cry :embarasse and won't speak to you all day :lipsrseal !

Also we will arrange for the inhabitants of the monkey enclosure to come visit your car :smash: !!!!!

:evil2: Or alternatively we could throw you in the lake and you'll need those spare clothes :rolleyes4

Seriously though - please, please, please bring some :iloveyou: (how much do we have to grovel :happy: )

Heath

Spirit
09-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Just had confirmation from Clive (Skipjack) that he will be attending with his wife and two kids - so thats 16 confirmed people for the group entry. Heath/Jane can you confirm this with the pub too ? :thumbsup:

Sean (Polabear) sent me a text to say he has a bug and cannot shift it so doubts he will attend - hope you get well soon mate and we will miss you !

Any updates from Jimbo and Derek ? Anyone else want to come ?

With regards to pasties.......please let us know how many you all want - we will get them from Shaz's work - she needs to know by tomorrow night at the latest please.

SGHOM
10-03-2005, 12:04 AM
got to give this one a miss guy's. sorry. :embarasse

I've left it right to the last minute, well, almost. :rolleyes4 see you a castle combe !! :drummer:

Jimbo
10-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Sorry everyone, but realistically I'm going to have to give this one a miss. Too much money left to spend on prep for Easter to afford the petrol costs all the way down there this time around. :sad3: Oh and those pasties make this decision even harder /help

nick-f1
10-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi Folks, bad news I`m afraid..... we`re gonna have to cry off too!. I have contractors in at work this weekend and so have to work myself. Sorry HJM to let you down after after all yr planning but we`re on a deadline. Not much time off for me this month :embarasse

Nick

HJM
10-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Right, I'm Back :thumbsup:

Is anyone else dropping out before I confirm numbers to the pub tomorrow lunchtime ?

Am I correct in saying it is still 12 confirmed???

Anymore ?? I'm sure we'll be able to add you in, just let me know /yes

Cheers,

Jane

HJM
11-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Pub is all booked for 12 people at 2.30pm this Sunday - see you all at Longleat at 11 :thumbsup:

The Vee
11-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Pete,
As far as pasties go - a shedload will do!! (traditional ones please) :thumbsup:
Pity 'bout the others but I for one fully undrestand work commitments. See ya Sunday - catch up with others soon
Andy