PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp question

Paul Beazer
06-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Me again with another question!
With lights on the first click (parking or whatever its called, little 14w bulb in each headlight) only 1 side comes on (usually the drivers, or right in the uk). After a drive its usually fine, WTF? Park up, leave for a day and its the same again.
I swapped the bulb over and its fine. It usually happens when the car has been parked for a day or so. Its not bulbs (obviously) so i think its either a poor connection somewhere or a relay (do they have relays for these lights?).
Anyone had anything similar or any ideas what could be causing this?
Cheers
Paul

Paul Beazer
09-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Me again with another question!
With lights on the first click (parking or whatever its called, little 14w bulb in each headlight) only 1 side comes on (usually the drivers, or right in the uk). After a drive its usually fine, WTF? Park up, leave for a day and its the same again.
I swapped the bulb over and its fine. It usually happens when the car has been parked for a day or so. Its not bulbs (obviously) so i think its either a poor connection somewhere or a relay (do they have relays for these lights?).
Anyone had anything similar or any ideas what could be causing this?
Cheers
Paul

Duh! Both bulbs had loose elements so they we intermittantly making contact and completing the circuit, jeez do I feel stoopid! Both replaced and funnily enough both light work fine!

Paul