PDA

View Full Version : 6a12tt

slider
07-02-2005, 08:01 AM
hi all can anyone advise me on how much I can get out of the 6a12tt engine as this is what my 7g has in it and also what to look for faults wise. Thanks all

in addition could anyone tell me what would be the best dump valve for it and could anyone recomend any decent uprated turbo's to replace the stock ones?

HKS, Gready, Ect?

Thanks again peeps

AllBeItMine
07-02-2005, 09:51 AM
hi - these cars, running stock turbos can be well tuned with some simple mods.

A car here in New Zealand, with an upgraded front mount intercooler (from an EVO6) an upgraded muffler (kept the standard exhaust), and boost controller, good air intake and stripped interior ran a best of 12.6 down the quarter mile.

It was driven admittedly by a complete madman who was very good behind the wheel but it still goes to prove that these cars are good performers with simple mods.

his car was running around 15psi and pushing out around 300hp. there are only two real weak points. The injectors aren't really up to the job of supporting much more than 300hp and the rods in the engines (although not proven weak) are very fragile looking.

slider
07-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks for that mate all info is well apreciated and all is taken in and digested.