PDA

View Full Version : WTB Anyone selling a front diff from an EVO MR?

Dom B
26-11-2013, 02:14 AM
Got the transfer case out at the moment, wondering if anyone has a front diff (The one that lives in the transfer case) for an Evo MR i.e. the torsen/quaife type diff as opposed to our open ones, and if so how much money do I need to find to get hold of one. Not got a lot spare at the moment but need to get an idea.

exevoowner
26-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Beat take a look on mlr there were a few last time i looked on there

Gly
29-11-2013, 12:26 AM
wont be a direct fit.

you need a evo 4-6.5 one to bolt in,

for a MR unit to go in, its the same conversion to make a MR unit fit in a 4-6.5 case,

Dom B
30-11-2013, 08:08 PM
wont be a direct fit.

you need a evo 4-6.5 one to bolt in,

for it a MR unit to go in,
its the same conversion to make a MR unit fit in a 4-6.5 case,

Hi Carsten Hope NZ is nice and sunny.

Can you clarify a little, do you mean I need the whole transfer box from the evo?

Cheers (sweet as :D)
Dom

exevoowner
30-11-2013, 08:33 PM
the mr unit will not fit straight in a 4/5/6/evo but it is the same conversion to fit it too a vr4 as the evo 4/5/6

Dom B
30-11-2013, 09:13 PM
the mr unit will not fit straight in a 4/5/6/evo but it is the same conversion to fit it too a vr4 as the evo 4/5/6

Hi Nigel, are there any articles of what the conversion involves, parts, machining etc? Not been able to find anything yet.

Cheers
Dom

Gly
01-12-2013, 07:38 AM
if you want to fit a FRONT evo LSD unit in the vr4 transfercase......

you can use a the evo 4-6.5 front Helical LSD unit, its a direct swap for our open diff unit.

you cannot direct bolt in evo 7+ front LSD units as they are larger and require extra parts and extensive machining to fit in, not a good idea IMO
its sorta covered here http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=416387
but theres no real guide to it...
https://www.google.co.nz/search?client=opera&q=how+to+fit+evo+7+front+lsd+in+a+evo+5&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

YOU CAN ALSO

Use a complete evo 4-6.5 LSD front transfercase, its a bolt on.

YOU CANNOT direct fit a evo 7+ transfercase... its requires a fair amount of work.
kenneth on these forums has done a fair mount of work fitting a evo ACD transfercase and trying to make it work.