PDA

View Full Version : Front speakers

thegoose
08-12-2013, 04:54 PM
So what have i done wrong fitted new speakers to the front doors conected up as previously but getting more sound comubg throught the tweeters no bass either through main speakers i don't know much about this stuff as everything i've bought hasn't needed to be fiddled with lol!!
I was gonna start again but now running out of light should have got up and done this earlier ok it only took just ocer a hour to fit both sides i did check the speaker was working jyst thought i needed to ajust the settings!!

Nick Mann
08-12-2013, 05:15 PM
What speakers have you fitted? Have you kept the factory tweeters?

thegoose
08-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Yes there are vibe ones Nick

Nick Mann
08-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Have you got all the specs on them? Can you get photos of the connections?

thegoose
08-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Just seems strange both speakers are working i think i'll take door cards off again and see if i can swap the leads around but having the time this week due to work maybe that will work?

Nick Mann
08-12-2013, 08:07 PM
It could be that they are wired wrong, but it's not the only answer. It could be that the speakers have a much lower response so they effectively play far quieter than the stock speakers. That could mean that the factory tweeters are too loud for the new speakers. That's why I wondered about the specs on the speaker as well as the wiring.

thegoose
08-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Oh ok Nick thanks for the advice the tweeters that came with the speakers looked the sane so didn't fit em the speakers are 240watts 2 channels i think the link for is on here but i can't post as i'm on my phone typing this!

Nick Mann
08-12-2013, 11:14 PM
240 watts is meaningless tbh. 240 watts rms would mean that you could put a significant amp on them and not obliterate them. The spec you are looking for is decibels at 1 watt. A number in the high 90s would mean that they are efficient at making noise. A number in the low 80s would mean the opposite.

CANDEE
09-12-2013, 12:31 AM
These ones?:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?69957-Front-door-speakers-Vibe

If so you will have two tweeters hooked up so that could be your problem. You will need to disconnect the tweeter wire off the mid to even it up.

Patryn999
09-12-2013, 01:28 AM
The other one to check is to make sure that the speakers have the same polarity (+/- on both speaker drivers is correct on both the head unit and speaker ends). Having them out of polarity has the effect of sounding as if they're producing no/less bass.

thegoose
09-12-2013, 01:52 PM
These ones?:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?69957-Front-door-speakers-Vibe

If so you will have two tweeters hooked up so that could be your problem. You will need to disconnect the tweeter wire off the mid to even it up.
yep thats em and thanks for the info guys:)