PDA

View Full Version : 3 port intermittent overboost issue

sbn1979
15-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Fitted a 3 port to a vr4 I am mapping due to the stock boost control not controlling boost, so I have completely re plumbed the actuators to the 3 port, on 3rd gear WOT runs im getting consistent boost but now and then its over boosting, error correction is zeroed out. Is this a problem experienced berfore?/Elmo

swinks
15-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Wastegate actuators are fighting each other.
Obviously there is somewhere wrong plumbing or one of actuators failing.

Why stock boost solenoid wasn't controlling the boost? Did you swap one with other one? I have head of few solenoids failed, but more likely people themselves inflict problems with wrong plumbing vacuums and forgetting about restrictor pills in vacuum lines.

sbn1979
15-12-2013, 08:55 PM
I normally map Evos, Vr4 are not my forte, im assuming the solenoid is shot, so I thought id totally re plumb the system as I would an Evo, not being familiar with the vehicle was just curious if anyone had experienced similar problems, the 3 ports I have are brand new, the turbos when plumbed actuator to boost source, run actuator pressure consistently every time, I cant really see ecu boost control on the 7202 being a problem but ive instructed to advance to a boost controller, maybe a Gizmo?