PDA

View Full Version : Get me home!!!!

MINTER_GTR
29-12-2013, 03:47 PM
well guys,

again this bloody legnum decides to act the bollocks

was driving mine there for no problems around town....stopped at the shop then when i came back out it refuses to move off from idle without stalling,thinking maf sensor atm although i do need to look towards the fuel pump also as it needs replacing and has had 12v constant appiled to it as a temporary measure,car has very litlle fuel in the tank which is 95ron

basically start the car and it idles ok,but when i try to drive off its splutters then dies after a few yards,on idle if i dis the MAF is goes lumpy then when i reconnect it back it dies,im thinking if i leave the maf off can i drive home(about a mile) or is that a no go,gonna try filling a jerry can with a tenner of 95 to try that as well,but regarding the maf sensor will it be ok to drive the distance home to get it off the street?

TAR
29-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I would definitely get some more fuel in it first, that may be the issue.

You can run without the MAF, it will just default to a very rich mixture.

:happy:

MINTER_GTR
29-12-2013, 05:04 PM
yeah mate after going back to the car could be that

left it and went home for an hour or so then just went back there to get it again.went down turned it over and started up into drive and gave some throttle,made the tiniest little studder then away it went,drove it home no issues...didnt touch the maf or put fuel in it,only let it cool down for a while and it goes again,would this be looking fuel /fuel pumprelated as it was low on 95ron running the fuel pump with permannet 12v bypassed? looks to be a weird one

MarkSanne
29-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Sounds more like a sensor issue to me. Crank-sensor is the one that I suspect most and/or a (big) air leak. Do a vacuum-test if you can with the bung-connected-to-a-compressor into the IC hose that goes into the Y-pipe.

MAF will not be the problem, fuel pump not a prime suspect to me, but you still might want to change that one as you suspect something might be wrong there. I'd first try to source a cheap good working stock pump, get everything to stock to try to eliminate unknown/unsure factors in your diagnostics.