PDA

View Full Version : Multiple fault codes issues

gabooby
01-01-2014, 03:34 PM
I have had my 97 legnum vr4 for 10 months .after fixing Ayc problem thru one of the forum's members suggestion's.all we'll for a while then I had a problem with the engine would start and tick over but would not pull off without stalling.took car to main dealer in Swansea ,they had the car for quite a while.they could not find anything major and no fault codes found.took it to Bridgend main dealer and within 20minutes came back with no engine management light and four/ dtc72. Then 3dtc codes /65/75/77. Took car home and looked at instrument panel and lo and behold bulb and holder was missing. Put bulb in and engine management light came on and went off as normal on startup. drove for about 10miles and management light came on .can anyone help????

BubbaLeggyVR4
01-01-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but now u know a bulb was missing I would check that all bulbs are present and working, from there u will need to flash the codes out.
To flash the codes u need to bridge pin 1 with pin 4 on the OBD connector, which is under the dash kick plate, below steering wheel, near cente console.
When bridged switch on ignition to red lights, not start, and your dash should start flashing like xmas :)
The N on gearbox lights should flash, as should EML, ABS, ASC and AYC at about once a second for no faults.
Faults are shown in pulses/flashes, long flash then short flash, showing each code and then repeating eg. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . . 82 and _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . . . . . . . 77
If u get a code eg. AYC flashes 8 long pulses and 2 short you've got AYC code 82 and 7 long and 7 short is 77.
Codes are listed on here somewhere lol and I hope that makes sence, bit tipsy still.
Happy New Year

MarkSanne
02-01-2014, 11:04 AM
This is the connector under the steering wheel compartiment where you can connect pin 1 with pin 4 with a paperclip to see the flashing lights.

BubbaLeggyVR4
02-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Well done mark, couldn't find my pic of that lol
:thumbsup: