PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys new owner of a nice vr4 legnum !

Tayhlor VR4
07-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Hey guys bought a 1998 Vr4 legnum ( manual ) today and I love it already also could someone help me with uploading a profile picture ? Cheers 660196602066021 also car came with a clubvr4 sticker at the back so maybe some of you already recognise this beast :P thanks guys

BubbaLeggyVR4
07-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Hi and welcome to the club :)
Word of warning, loose the pod filter quickly lol not many people on here agree with them :)
Under bonnet temperatures are too high for it so actually makes car perform worse.
Cant help with pic mind, I tried loads and eventually it came up lol

Tayhlor VR4
07-01-2014, 12:52 PM
what do i put in exchange for the pod filter ? cheers

Gingerfish
07-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Most people go for the original air-box and snorkel with an uprated panel filter. K+N do 1 for the VR4 or if you can find one a HKS panel filter.

You could always feed in some kind of air duct system rather than trying to source a replacement airbox. It should help if there is a good source of cold air feed.

MarkSanne
07-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Welcome! Nice looking Legnum (and skyline) you've got there.
Besides changing the pod filter for original, what's the idea of the blue blow-off-like mah-thingy? The vacuum line isn't connected to it and the placement is... unusual!?

Nick Mann
07-01-2014, 10:23 PM
The pod filter issues aren't so much about air temps. As I understand it our MAFs are very sensitive to airflow, so if the pod induces a swirling air motion through the maf the fuelling tends to go rich as a result. Running rich = worse fuel consumption and less power.

But either way, /Welcome.

Oh, and the avatar upload is only available to paid members, sorry!

Tayhlor VR4
08-01-2014, 07:11 AM
Welcome! Nice looking Legnum (and skyline) you've got there.
Besides changing the pod filter for original, what's the idea of the blue blow-off-like mah-thingy? The vacuum line isn't connected to it and the placement is... unusual!?

yeah i dont know why previous owner didnt install the blow off valve properly ill be getting onto that asap , and because its front mounted

Bender
20-01-2014, 08:21 AM
Welcome to Clubvr4