PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear

Badger_01
08-01-2014, 06:05 AM
So once again my car has failed its warrant.

Cracks in rear rims (f**k!)
Front of car is lower than 100mm, we figured that the lowering springs have sagged (Didn't think it was a concern with lowering springs but apparently anything under 100mm needs to be certed)
HID projector lights are on the piss (thought they were haha)

So bugger.

Wonder what rims I should get now, will need to be 18x8.5 so I can get the tyres swapped over lol
And I wonder what I should do about the front shocks/springs

Hmmmm

nos monkeys
08-01-2014, 06:13 AM
I always hate that time it comes to a warrant, 6months just flys away like its nothing

wintertidenz
08-01-2014, 06:42 AM
See if the cracks in the wheels can be repaired. Hopefully they can and it won't cost too much, especially if you like the wheels.

As for the springs - I'd get a new set and put them in, and make sure the car is within the height specified on any cert plate. To be honest, I bought my car lowered and actually returned it to factory height as it catches on kerbs etc and scrapes at standard height anyway... not to mention the wear and tear on all the suspension and tyres.

Badger_01
08-01-2014, 06:56 AM
I always hate that time it comes to a warrant, 6months just flys away like its nothing

Yep it sure does haha

See if the cracks in the wheels can be repaired. Hopefully they can and it won't cost too much, especially if you like the wheels.

As for the springs - I'd get a new set and put them in, and make sure the car is within the height specified on any cert plate. To be honest, I bought my car lowered and actually returned it to factory height as it catches on kerbs etc and scrapes at standard height anyway... not to mention the wear and tear on all the suspension and tyres.

Yeah the cracks can be repaired but theres a few off them in both rear rims, plus the main ones which go half way the width of the rim.

I had noticed the car was scrapping a lot more than usual haha

Badger_01
08-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Stupidly keen on these http://www.hyperdrive.co.nz/product/car-4-5-stud/194/g-force-gunmetal/170663/detail

I'd assume that there would be quite a bit of guard rolling involved? And apparently they clear brembos, have seen a few evos with them/read a bit about the wheels lol

Bender
08-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Yup guard's would need to rolled. My rims rub in the rear and they are only 18x8.5 29p offset.

Evolved
08-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Cracks in rear rims (f**k!))

:oops:

how did that happen??

Badger_01
08-01-2014, 07:00 PM
:oops:

how did that happen??

Im going to go with age, car sits outside, hard driveway at home and work and here in Nelson they seem to like raised storm water drain things haha. They aren't very nice to drive over lol

Gly
08-01-2014, 10:19 PM
wow that sucks,

id be getting less rim and more tyres if the roads are that bad,

wintertidenz
08-01-2014, 10:23 PM
To be honest it's probably more due to rough NZ roads and possibly a cheap alloy wheel - I know some of the cheaper brands will just crack.

Is your car certed for any mods? If not, what's stopping you putting on a good set of 17" Evo wheels with tyres and using those while you sort another set of 18" wheels?

Gly
09-01-2014, 12:06 AM
they werent cheap when i bought them, (or cracked when i sold them)

nos monkeys
09-01-2014, 12:10 AM
Im going to go with age, car sits outside, hard driveway at home and work and here in Nelson they seem to like raised storm water drain things haha. They aren't very nice to drive over lol

Thats how my mate got a cracked sump in his eterna. and I'm assuming that is how my legnum got its cracked sump although that was like that before i brought it so it wasnt me :P

Badger_01
09-01-2014, 06:03 AM
wow that sucks,

id be getting less rim and more tyres if the roads are that bad,

Roads arent that bad, just certain bits that I sometimes forget to avoid. I have driven over some pretty sh*tty roads since I've had the rims on.

they werent cheap when i bought them, (or cracked when i sold them)

They've been good since I got them off you :) Until the past 6 months that the cracks have been discovered lol

To be honest it's probably more due to rough NZ roads and possibly a cheap alloy wheel - I know some of the cheaper brands will just crack.

Is your car certed for any mods? If not, what's stopping you putting on a good set of 17" Evo wheels with tyres and using those while you sort another set of 18" wheels?

Nope not certed, havent got anything on that requires certing. And dont really want to get some 17" Evo wheels cause it will cost more in the long run, plus I don't really like the look of 17s, look too small haha. But I have been looking at them for that just incase.

Badger_01
09-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Oh and the biggest reason for wanting to stay with 18" etc etc is so I can get my tyres swapped over as they are only a few months old