PDA

View Full Version : Kwik-Fit, Mansfield

Kieran
08-02-2005, 10:58 PM
I recently bought two nearly new tyres from Nick Mann, still attached to a spare set of Alloys.

After being turned away by Hi-Q tyres ("We will only fit tyres we supply!" - WTF!!) The guys at Kwik-fit swapped the tyres for me, replaced the valves & balanced the tyres, put Hordak up on a ramp to check and adjust the tracking (very, very slightly out on the offside). They were happy to chat, and didn't fuss about me hovering around the car as they worked.

And the bill.....................................

"It's ok mate - don't worry about that".

To say I was stunned was an understatement. I insisted that they at least take a tenner to get themselves a beer. Top, Top Marks!

The Branch in question is on Chesterfield Road South, just opposite the Ford Dealer and about 2 mins from KieranCorp Towers, if you're ever in the area.

Jimbo
08-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Kwik-fit doing a job, not only well, but for free....?!??!?!?!

Did they think you were the owner's son or something?

My kwik-fit wouldn't even fit tyres they didn't supply, and were even rude about it, "huh! yeah like we'd do THAT for you!!!"

Blimey, I'm totally stunned, that's like Christmas spirit 6 weeks late!

wirdy
09-02-2005, 12:38 AM
That's exactly what some businesses just don't realise - I'm sure Kieran will be putting business their way in the future.

/are you sure he didn't fancy you though...........? :-0

Legnum Boy
09-02-2005, 02:02 AM
/are you sure he didn't fancy you though...........? :-0

Don't knock the ability to sway favour due to orientation.

If I could, I would..... but I'm far too manly (read as Ugly) to do this.... ;-)

AllBeItMine
09-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Its always good to know a few GC's in the car industry. helps immensley.

good to hear you got good service. keep on going back there and keep throwing business their way and you will be surprised what they will do for you.

Kieran
15-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Just as a follow-up, I went there yesterday for a set of new tyres. Went with a tyre brand I once vowed never to go near again and I now have the all-new Dunlop Sp Sport 01 on my car... See link below.

http://dunloptyres.co.uk/ourTyres/car/searchResults/SPSport01/

I will reserve judgement untill I've actually driven the car some distance, but they are significantly quieter than the old tyres. Not tested grip yet - They need to bed in and settle to the car first.

Anyhow - went into Kwik-Fit, and four of them + fitting, balancing and tracking came to £376. A very good price I thought.

For tracking, I gave the technician the settings off this site (the ones that H.7 posted) and he tracked it up nicely. And as usual, they were friendly, helpful and more than happy for me to watch & chat to them as they worked.

So, as I've said before, if you're in the Mansfield area, pop in.... They're a top bunch! /yes

caishanvr4
15-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Kwik fit lads are a great bunch:thumbsup: Done a service and fitted brakes for me in the past plus untold other repairs and always give me discounts, it also helps if they like your car :happy:

michaeli
15-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Nice one...

Not a bad price either... must let me know about the tyres!!.. :thumbsup:

I live in the area so I'll pop in and mention that you recomended them to me.. it all adds to the experience I feel... :thumbsup:

As long as they dont start singin'.... "Young Man... There's no need to feel down" they wern't dressed up by any chance were they? :-policema

andy43
16-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Just shows you never know 'til you ask them - our local kwikfit also wouldn't fit my parts - they only fit their own, which I suppose is to protect themselves against insurance claims.
I get my tyres from mytyres.co.uk, delivered to the door, then get 'em fitted and balanced for about a fiver a go - a bit more hassle, but worth it to watch the postman trying to get a set of tyres through the letterbox :leer:

kookie
05-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Kwik fit lads are a great bunch:thumbsup: Done a service and fitted brakes for me in the past plus untold other repairs and always give me discounts, it also helps if they like your car :happy:

I go to Kwikfit too,but then my niece's husband is the manager.

LimeyRocker
06-10-2006, 12:37 AM
I've had similarly bad dealing with hi-q but in this case with the branch round the courner from me on storforth lane chesterfield.
Years ago i had an xm which needed some brake work.
"no mate we can't do that it's main dealer only"
then last year i had a problem with the tracking on my 306
this year wanted a brake fluid change done on the galant, and guess what they said
that's it
useless idiots!!!!

bradc
06-10-2006, 01:16 AM
ask them to change your window washer fluid and see what they say :)

LimeyRocker
06-10-2006, 01:21 AM
i'll try that later today!!!!
(I actually will as well.........watch this space!!)