PDA

View Full Version : Evo 7 Bumper insert

Erni902
11-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Hi guys,

Does anyone have the part number for the bumper insert from the Evo 7's? Can't find it anywhere and also can't find one for sale anywhere either.

Not long woke up and the Mitsy Stealer's parts department are closed until Monday. I dare say it will also be easier to just give them the part number rather than try to explain to those muppets what I want, plus before they will even talk to you they want your chassis number and not having an Evo 7 I bet they won't be very helpful.

Cheers in advance guys

Rikki

crazydriver81
11-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Here you go Rikki. I have listed part# for the insert and the bracket, which sits bhind the bumper and holds the vent.

However, you should keep in mind that you need to modify the crash bar, in order to fit the vent. Further you need to modify the bracket, which holds the vent. Been there, done that...and finally ended up with bonding the vent to the front bumper with a special glue (and have the front bumper sprayed).

Erni902
11-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Here you go Rikki. I have listed part# for the insert and the bracket, which sits bhind the bumper and holds the vent.

However, you should keep in mind that you need to modify the crash bar, in order to fit the vent. Further you need to modify the bracket, which holds the vent. Been there, done that...and finally ended up with bonding the vent to the front bumper with a special glue (and have the front bumper sprayed).

Cheers Stefan than will make my trip to the stealers more bearable haha.

And cheers for the advice as far as modifications needed etc. I have a bit of a bumper project underway at the moment so while it was off I was thinking about modifying the crash bar so possible future FMIC upgrade will be seamless.

Many thanks mate

Erni902
16-01-2014, 04:45 PM
For those of you that are interested I have just got off the phone to Mitsubishi and have up to date prices for the Bumper Insert and the Bracket.

Insert - MR957826 £49.62 +vat = £59.54 inc vat
Bracket - MR957482 £7.13 +vat = £8.56 inc vat

AKKO
18-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Do you really need the bracket? Always figured I would just bond mine also...

Haven't decided what to do about the crash bar but it was "modified" anyway during intercooler installation hah

Trotty
21-01-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm keen on getting these aswell. No point havering a 300x 600 core And only using 2/3 of it. Lol plus makes the vr4 look meaner.

Tayhlor VR4
21-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Can you get a pic when your done I'm interested in what it would look like

Davezj
21-01-2014, 10:38 PM
there is a full bumper PFL with the vent already added for sale on ebay search for legnum it will come up.

Erni902
21-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Can you get a pic when your done I'm interested in what it would look like

As Dave says there is one on ebay for sale. Search for 'Legnum VR4' and youll find it there. Does look good and yes it would be practical aswell. Only thing is I don't really want to have to modify the crash bar and have decided on buying a slightly smaller FMIC so it fits without modification.

What I might do is have some sort of vent/grille molded into/cut out of the bumper when I embark on my bunper project. Either way I shall put pics up of the finished product.

Davezj
22-01-2014, 12:03 AM
rikki the crash bar runs behind the area where this type of vent fits, i don't think there is any way to fit it without modifying the crash bar. if you remove the front number plate you can see the bolt location that hold the front of the bumper to the crash bar.

if there is any space to mount it then it would be rught at the top of the bumper and might look a bit odd.
if you want to fit this style vent then you might have to remove the middle section of the crash bar.

Gingerfish
22-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Removing some of the crash bar sounds a bit iffy Dave.

Could you remove a section and weld in 2 or 3 thick/strong rods to maintain a rigid structure and still allow for ventilation?

Trotty
22-01-2014, 09:28 AM
I would do it properly and reweld Inserts into the re-bar to maintain integrity.

AKKO
22-01-2014, 09:49 AM
^ This is my preferred approach also but depends how hacked mine was in the intercooler install... No thanks to HDi's install guide :-(

Erni902
22-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Davezj this is why I won't be going down this route. What I may do is just cut out strips of the bumper once its rebuilt to give it the Evo 7 Insert look and therefore not compromising the structural integrity.

Im shall be going through all the options with my mate on Friday when I drop the bumper and canards off with him so we shall see if this is possible. If not I shall just have the number plate recess filled and smoothed

AKKO
23-01-2014, 02:43 PM
That won't provide the extra airflow / cooling that most that do this would be looking for...