PDA

View Full Version : Castle Combe - 12th Feb - Reminders

Spirit
09-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Just got an email from Bookatrack today confirming the itinerary for Saturday as follows:

Itinerary
08:00: Driver Sign-on
08:30: Drivers Safety Briefing
09:00: Driving Starts
12:00: Break for Lunch
13:00: Driving Continues
16:00: End of Day

Don't forget your disclaimers (but can complete on the day) and your helmets (but can rent for £10 on the day), and clothing to ensure legs and arms are covered when on track.

At the moment the weather looks like showers........perfect !

I'm just off down to AP now for a check over.

zentac
10-02-2005, 04:18 PM
FTO isnt on the road at the moment so cant join you :(

The Vee
10-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Got mine too - See ya there :2thumbsup

HJM
11-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Yup - see you all at 8 tomorrow :zzz:

Spirit
11-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Looking forward to getting up at 5am........NOT !

Just fuelled up, removed the sub woofer, loaded the helmets, charged the video camera/digi camera, installed headrest bracket, topped up water bottle and set tyres to 36psi.......oh and got disclaimers and driving licences ready !

I think that's it :rolleyes4

Kieran
11-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Have fun tomorrow peeps! :)

Spirit
11-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Have fun tomorrow peeps! :)

Cheers mate, weather still says showers - bodes well for the VR4's :2thumbsup

Spirit
12-02-2005, 06:10 AM
First bit is over.......i.e. getting up without turning alarm off :zzz:

HJM
12-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Blimey - this time is bad enough :sad3:

Need more sleep - it's the weekend :zzz:

The Vee
12-02-2005, 09:53 PM
And serious fun was had !! :2thumbsup /yes
Dry Track Wet track Damp track it was all there including one session where we got flagged off the rain was so heavy.
Brilliant day and good to see CVR4 members again. Special thanks to Spirit and HJM for a ride in their VR's. - Awesome. Right to the limit and beyond. Pete, the tread is supposed to be on the track - not the sidewall :rolleyes4 Sure he had rails under that thing !!
After that,even took a few scalps myself :2thumbsup inc a Beemer and a lotus
Cheers for a great day peeps

HJM
12-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Couldn't agree more - another great day (Sorry Jimbo :sad3: )

No offs, no cones, no grass, no damage - just huge amounts of fun - totally mad moment of the day has to go to the guy in the MX5 with his hood down in absolutely torrential rain - nice guy but obviously mad as a coot /yes

Brilliant to see you all again :2thumbsup

Will look through our vids some time and see if any are worth trying to post :rolleyes4

Well done Shaz for getting out on track - you dried out yet :oops:

Spirit
12-02-2005, 10:17 PM
It was an excellent day ! £150 trackday, £85 in fuel, new tyres now needed and new front pads......but worth every penny /yes :2thumbsup

Great to see everyone, and thanks to Simon for putting in an appearance too - hope to see you out there again in a VR4 soon mate ! Glad you enjoyed the ride Andy. Well done to Shaz for giving it a go and completing a full session on her own :smitten:

I had two spins right in front of me - a Lotus Elise and a BMW 3 series (Shaz caught that on camera too). We all managed to survive the day with no offs or damage - in itself that makes a successful track day :2thumbsup

We have just watched the video footage and some excellent clips in there - especially the in-car footage - just got to edit some of it now and find somewhere to host it.......any ideas peeps as I am unable to access my own website :thumbsdow

The Vee
12-02-2005, 10:25 PM
yep full marks to Shaz - she give it some stick too :2thumbsup
Pete, how much space does the vid need? I'll see if my web space is available. Don't know how to do it yet but I'll give it a go

bernmc
12-02-2005, 10:57 PM
We have just watched the video footage and some excellent clips in there - especially the in-car footage - just got to edit some of it now and find somewhere to host it.......any ideas peeps as I am unable to access my own website :thumbsdow
Might be able to help. I'll check how close to my bandwidth limits I am, but I think there's plenty tospare, and the servers are fast & reliable generally. PM me if you need it.

Spirit
12-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks guys - working on a solution now so will let you know

Spirit
12-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Seem to get 30Mb free briefcase with BT Yahoo so should do for now

Jimbo
13-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Glad to hear you had the perfect day, I was praying for variable conditions for you all :) Sorry I couldn't make it in the end, but I decided last night that the 300 mile round-trip would have just been too much for my leaky Mondeo!

Relieved to hear there were no "offs".....Heath, surely you were tempted just to touch the grass a little bit for old times sake?! Only kidding, mate....

Hey, how did you find the KAD's, Pete?

Oh and what was the V6 like on the Combe layout, Andy?

LOL, listen to me, a (temporary) closet trackday driver still trying to get a fix :helmet: Can't wait for the vids!

SGHOM
13-02-2005, 12:59 AM
no vid's I can understand. /yes but any chance of a few pics ?? :smitten:

Spirit
13-02-2005, 01:06 AM
We only took a few random ones - will post up tomorrow and try and get a couple of vids up too

Rally205
13-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Glad to here there were no incidents and a great time was had by all.

How did the Bilsteins hold up Pete?

Spirit
13-02-2005, 01:10 AM
The Bilsteins and the Kads both performed as expected.....perfectly.

Andy's comment summed up the Bilstein's - like being on rails (well most of the time lol). The KADs produced no noticeable fade and no juddering all day - brilliant, but need new front pads soon :greedy:

Spirit
13-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Errr, hidden the post.......

Simon
13-02-2005, 07:39 PM
It was worth watching! :rolleyes4 And thanks to Heath & Paul for passenger laps :rolleyes4 I can confirm Jimbo that Heath got close to the green bits at certain times.......think he was trying to scare me!!!

The Vee
13-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Oh and what was the V6 like on the Combe layout, Andy?

LOL, listen to me, a (temporary) closet trackday driver still trying to get a fix :helmet: Can't wait for the vids!

V6 performed really well, took a few scalps myself. Seemed to be going better than last time, especially after my rides in the VR's - think it might of been a little of the "oh what the hell". Very suprised just how well it sticks in the wet and when pushed further just a nice predictable drift. Did nearly lose it once but got it back very easily. Only downfall is traction - inthe wet I could even get the wheels to spin in third coming off the bends. Have to say though that in itself can be fun altering your exit angle just on the throttle! That's where the VR's got away big time but a lot of others couldn't match the v6 for handling/perfomance most notably in the wet. I tend to join in with Spirits chorus of "Bring on the rain"

Spirit
13-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah, the rain was the most fun - just a bummer they red flagged the session.....something about poor visibility :rolleyes4

Have to agree that Andy performed admirably all day in his V6 - there was little to touch him out there. Must also say I was rather disappointed with the performance of a couple of respected track day cars - namely the two Caterhams and the VX220 Turbo......they had nothing !