PDA

View Full Version : engine not tumbling,locked up...help

rajvr497
26-01-2014, 12:38 AM
hi guys need some help here his car it's not starting only getting a clicking sound from the starter,here is all the things i checked but didn't solve the problem

1:I checked the battery,it is fully charged and in good working condition

2:Serviced the starter and workes great

3:All fuse and relay working great

4:all groung wires and current wires bolted properly and in place

still it wouldn't tumble after realized while trying to tumble the ground wire started smoking,decided to check the oil level when i realize the oil was very thin and way above the max level and was smelling of heavy gas,now some key stuff to take into consideration is the day before someone tried to burn his house to the ground so we think they filled the engine with gas too,now the morning they tried to burn his house we happen to out the fire after we left to go get some stuff,while on the way the car cuts off with us on the road after it did not start only starter clicking,engine not turning,any solutions??????????

Davezj
26-01-2014, 02:19 AM
hi guys need some help here his car it's not starting only getting a clicking sound from the starter,here is all the things i checked but didn't solve the problem

1:I checked the battery,it is fully charged and in good working condition

2:Serviced the starter and workes great

3:All fuse and relay working great

4:all groung wires and current wires bolted properly and in place

still it wouldn't tumble after realized while trying to tumble the ground wire started smoking,decided to check the oil level when i realize the oil was very thin and way above the max level and was smelling of heavy gas,now some key stuff to take into consideration is the day before someone tried to burn his house to the ground so we think they filled the engine with gas too,now the morning they tried to burn his house we happen to out the fire after we left to go get some stuff,while on the way the car cuts off with us on the road after it did not start only starter clicking,engine not turning,any solutions??????????

try manuall turning the engine over by hand,
either gat a ratchet on the crank bolt
or if it is a manual gear box put car in 5th and try and push it down the road.

this will check if the engine is locked up and trashed at least.

blodeaxe
29-01-2014, 03:09 AM
lol what..... Gas in your oil
This is not your Galant we are talking about right

Anderz
29-01-2014, 03:32 PM
If oil was diluted by gas to that extent that engine locks up while running, your in for a full rebuild
Probably best to replace the engine

MarkSanne
29-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Another test: take a little bit of this 'gas-oil' out (just a few cl) and try if you can set it on fire. Normal oil should not burn easily, and certainly not without the aid of a wick/fuse. So if you can light it easily you have a problem...

rajvr497
29-01-2014, 05:00 PM
it's not my galant it's a friend,sourcing a head and block currently...