PDA

View Full Version : Interchangeble transfer boxes EVO- vr4, clutch

SLX
26-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Hi everybody,
I have a couple of qustions for you. Are transfer boxes evo 1-6 direct fit to ours pfl legnums? Why I'm asking. There is some grinding noise from the transfer box. In addition, some more serious noise from the manual gear box. I do have completely rebuilded gear box and spare transfer box in unknown condition. Just in case, will some evo transfer box fit?
Another issue. Having gearbox removed, why not put spec 2 clutch. But it is from a fl N.A galant meaning it`s a240 mm, instead of 225 mm as I suspect for a leggy. May I use the flywhell from a N.A galant, mounting in on a vr4 crank?

Nick Mann
26-01-2014, 06:17 PM
The Evo 6 transfer box is the same. I guess that means that the 4&5 might fit too. The 5 speed box from an evo is fundamentally the same, but the bell housing is different. The Legnum does usually have a 240mm clutch, AFAIK? Maybe I have remembered wrong? I also have a feeling that the NA V6 is a push clutch, not a pull clutch and that the input shaft splines are different so the friction plate is not the same design. Maybe somebody with more experience with the NA clutch can help?