PDA

View Full Version : Traction control ecu

Z-Kev
28-01-2014, 10:26 PM
As per my title, where is the traction control ecu, i have looked by the glovebox and im pretty sure the ecu there is the asc ayc one, in the wiring manual thats where the traction control ecu is supposed to be on RH drive cars, any ideas people, thanks in advance

Z-Kev
28-01-2014, 10:35 PM
done a bit more reading and i think the asc, ayc ecu is also the traction control ecu ?

Nick Mann
28-01-2014, 11:16 PM
I think so too.

It uses assorted speed inputs from the gearbox ecu and wheels/vehicle speed etc. I'm relatively sure it is in the same box as the AYC/ASC/TCL.

Z-Kev
28-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Cheers nick, unfortunately that screws up the flow diagrams for fault code use in our workshop manuals, but i think i might be able to work it out, I am getting aps and tps errors and power errors to do with it, think im looking at looming issues, will just re loom the aps and tps connectors

Nick Mann
28-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Don't quote me on it. Electrically one of the best guys on these forums is Alex GalantOnly - maybe he can confirm or deny?

GalantOnly
29-01-2014, 01:27 AM
You're absolutely right, Nick. ASC ECU is the one, that controls TCL on autos. The only cars with the separate TCL ECU afaik, is the N/A V6

Z-Kev
29-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks GalantOnly

Davezj
29-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Cheers nick, unfortunately that screws up the flow diagrams for fault code use in our workshop manuals, but i think i might be able to work it out, I am getting aps and tps errors and power errors to do with it, think im looking at looming issues, will just re loom the aps and tps connectors

one thing i would say is, the 5V power to the TPS is used by the barometic pressure sensor as well. i had an issue with this on my car, this 5V power supply got shorted to chassis gnd and effectively killed the engine power completely just like fuel cut. fault was traced with evoscan by seeing the TPS and Baro sensor output dropping to zero when the issue occured.
my issue was the main engine loom was getting trapped between the gear box and the chassis and when i accelerated the engine and gearbox moved in the engine bay and squashed the loom causing the short.
i don't know if this is anything like your issue but i thought i would share.

My point is you can use evoscan to detect electrical errors in this way.

Z-Kev
29-01-2014, 03:51 PM
my missfire is back but only at 3000 rpm area, its throwing aps and tps codes so i disconnected the aps from the AYC/ASC/TCL ecu and it still did it , no change, plus monitored voltage and it sat solid no change, i tried disconnecting the tps and it started misfiring straight away and wouldnt rev, reconnected the tps and reved it to 3000 rpm and it started to missfire, i disconnected the tps and it made no difference, like the tps wasnt doing anything, if i disconnect the tps at any other rpm it starts to missfire so im thinking at 3000rpm its losing its signal somehow, have tested the tps and its good and even changed it for another one and it still did it, im thinking loom breakdown?