PDA

View Full Version : Crazy noise out of nowhere

Tayhlor VR4
29-01-2014, 04:14 AM
Took the car for a drive today , floor it a bit in first nothing too reckless drop down to 2nd then I hear this crazy squeal it's like torture for your ears it sounds the worse at 2-2.5k rpm checked pas tensioner pulley and that's on there nice and tight . Im sure it can't be air in the pump because when I turn full lock it's still squealing and last time it was air in the pump it would stop squealing when I gave it a turn to full lock ? Confused

wintertidenz
29-01-2014, 05:15 AM
Check that the tensioners and pulleys aren't seized.

Tayhlor VR4
29-01-2014, 06:08 AM
Check that the tensioners and pulleys aren't seized.

so how would i do that ? just loosen the belt then try spin the pulleys ?

Davezj
29-01-2014, 11:49 AM
it is a simple test to see if it is the belt sqealing,
just spray the belts running side with wd40 if the squealing stops it is the belt.
don't worry about the wd40 on the belt it will come off very quickly and the squealing will come back.
but it is an easy test.

Tayhlor VR4
29-01-2014, 11:54 AM
it is a simple test to see if it is the belt sqealing,
just spray the belts running side with wd40 if the squealing stops it is the belt.
don't worry about the wd40 on the belt it will come off very quickly and the squealing will come back.
but it is an easy test.
thanks dave :)

Tayhlor VR4
30-01-2014, 05:26 AM
i found the problem its the tension pulley bolt , i dont know where to get the bolt from as its only unique to mitsubishi ? any help would be good guys

Davezj
30-01-2014, 01:16 PM
i hope you remembered this about both of the tensioner pulleys for both belts.

you need to undo the nut holding the pulley on before you change the tension of the belt with the bolt that moves the pulley up and down.