PDA

View Full Version : Threads with nothing in?

Nick Mann
10-02-2005, 11:16 AM
There are two threads with nothing in. 7064 and 7059. I tried clicking reply in Kierans thread to see what he had written, but that came up with an invalid link message.

Then just to add insult to injury, the first time I posted this thread it came up with a IE 'page cannot be displayed' error.

grrr!

valmes
10-02-2005, 11:38 AM
I've seen them too... :) Like "Members Packs" :)

BraindG
10-02-2005, 12:06 PM
hmmm.
:end:

lemme check.
Is this the first time this has happened?
i.e. since i messed about with datbase yesterday? or did it happen before this aswell>?

Jimbo
10-02-2005, 12:10 PM
It's been happening periodically over the last few weeks.

I've had a few posts that haven't submitted - quite often get the page not found screen in IE, and then it's 50-50 as to whether it's posted it or not, or sometimes it posts it, but doesn't update the top of the thread to say who last posted.

Bit of a waffle, but I hope this helps :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
10-02-2005, 02:06 PM
The 'page unavailable' IE message happens to me several times a week now. I have started to copy my text before submitting any time I write more than a short paragraph.

The missing posts is happening once or twice a week, I guess, but usually an extra reply will force the missing post to reveal itself. Often a moderator will 'bump' the thread to reveal the post that hasn't appeared.

I have never seen an empty thread before.

valmes
10-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Look at this thread "this one" (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7064)
There is nothing in it! :thinking2

Nick Mann
10-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Errr....... yeah. That's thread 7064. One of the two I mentioned earlier?!!

Kieran
10-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Ah, 7059! I wondered where that went.

I typed it last night, a complete post.

When I clicked submit, it didn't come up with any errors, but just took me to the index list of the forum I was trying to post in.

When I tried to re-submit the post by clicking 'back' the contents were still present in the 'create thread' box, but when I clicked re-submit the forum came up with the 'You have posted a duplicate message, you are now being taken to it' error. At which point it returned me to the index of the forum again!! :sad2: :veryangry

So I did the sensible, mature thing - I annonced to the world what a @*&%$ing stupid PC my computer is, :computer: switched it off and stomped off to my Cellar! :furious3: :lipsrseal