PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got some VR4 wheels to lend me?

bernmc
10-02-2005, 06:19 PM
<!--StartFragment -->Planning ahead for my SVA. My car has four very good Bridgestones according to the auction sheet, but as they're jap, they're unlikey to have an EU conformity mark - SVA man will not pass them.

I was planning to get some F1's, and then use the jap tyres later when I needed new tyres again, but it's another £400 up front.

Is there anyone in the West mids/ Warwickshire area with a set of wheels and half-decent tyres (MOT legal standard) that I could borrow for a while when I need to get the car tested? Alternatively someone who wouldn't mind swapping wheels with me for a week or two?

Car arrives 15 March.

Nick Mann
10-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Would you be willing to make a donation to Project VX in return?

There are some standard 16" wheels there.

bernmc
10-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Would you be willing to make a donation to Project VX in return?

There are some standard 16" wheels there.

Let me know the sort of donation you're looking at Nick, and we may have a deal. Where is the VX secreted?

bobb
11-02-2005, 03:34 AM
You'll probably find that the tyres do have the requisite "E" mark, even though they were produced for the Japanese market. Failing that, i have a set of "just" legal wheels & tyres you could borrow. - Though getting them to you may be difficult as they are presently in Aberdeen. If you get real stuck, let me know as I have some friendly delivery drivers who might do me a favour.

bobb

2002 legnum vr-4

Nick Mann
11-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm not really on the VX committee, but there are 16" wheels there. Unfortunately, they are currently wearing slicks! The 'bunker' is in Sheffield. I'm sure if you PM bigdaveakers or Interlec they will try and find a way to make everyone happy!

RED
11-02-2005, 10:39 AM
I'll double check in the garage but I may have the old ones off mine can't remember if they are in there and I've lost the garage key and need to break in :rolleyes4 but if they are they're yours for the borrowing and I'm about 15 mins from you :2thumbsup

bernmc
11-02-2005, 11:09 AM
I'll double check in the garage but I may have the old ones off mine can't remember if they are in there and I've lost the garage key and need to break in :rolleyes4 but if they are they're yours for the borrowing and I'm about 15 mins from you :2thumbsup
Thanks Red! Let me know eh.

I'll check the tyres when I get the car, and go from there.

Nick - alloys + slicks won't be any use - if I'm going to have to get new tyres fitted, I'll just take the jap bridgestones off mine, fit some F1's for the SVA, then refitt the bridgestones when the F1's need replacing. Looking to save the extra £400 for the moment though.

RED
11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Okey dokey I've got 4 16 inch 5 stud wheels in the garage and they've got 2mm of tread left on them :rolleyes4 Don't know what the minimum tyre tread is for an SVA to save you swapping tyres. Give me or Marcus a call on 01788 541116 if you want to borrow them :2thumbsup
Jane

bernmc
11-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Don't know what the minimum tyre tread is for an SVA to save you swapping tyres.
Jane
1.6mm like the MOT, so they should be fine. You are a STAR :2thumbsup !

I'll give you a ring if I need them - somewhere around March 15th then.

Ta./yes/yes