PDA

View Full Version : Underbody sealing

2700gavin
13-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Can anybody recommend anybody for doing the underseal on my car ? Is there anybody on the forum , as I would rather give the work to somebody on here. Keep it in house as they would say.

giblet
01-03-2014, 08:24 PM
I've asked this question on here before and I believe the only member who did offer this service is no longer on here. I took my last VR4 to JR Classics in Doncaster http://www.jrclassics.co.uk/ but it was too far gone to be saved. They seem to have a decent reputation for rust proofing and undersealing. The website is quoting £440 for a Galant sized car

WillVR4
02-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Am in the middle of doing mine bit by bit myself, with wire brush drill attachment and them I am just using brush on stuff rather than spray stuff. The underside of my car is generally in good condition though.

giblet
03-03-2014, 06:34 PM
What underseal product are you using? I did some reading on a few different brands a while back and Bilt Hamber seem to come out on top although many folk still swear by Waxoyl.

I helped a friend underseal his Civic Type R last year using a similar method to yours, seemed fairly easy to do.

John TheAntique
03-03-2014, 07:56 PM
NJ always used dinitrol underseal, he reckoned it was the best if you are using a brush. He did mine over four years ago and it shows no sign of needing any attention

WillVR4
03-03-2014, 08:00 PM
It's Dinitrol Underseal brush on that I am using, not the most pleasant jobs. I have now done petrol tank area and most of rear of car. Has the added bonus of quietening the 2k rpm exhaust drone in the cabin! :)