PDA

View Full Version : Ayc pump switch

dixon8
16-02-2014, 10:46 AM
hi does anyone in NZ supply the replacement AYC pump switches to rid of the RED light on the dash :inquisiti:inquisiti

Trotty
16-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Pump my not be building pressure. Make sure its the switch before replacing. U can buy adjustable but it just masks a bigger problem.

dixon8
16-02-2014, 11:18 PM
hi, pump was a replacement from a working vehicle prior to swap and was functioning ok.

this replacement pump unit was fitted to my leggie just before xmas 2013 by mitsi.

have checked fluid level in reservoir on the weekend and ok, red light disappears when engine is stopped and restarted again.

Nick Mann
16-02-2014, 11:37 PM
It could be the switch is dodgy. It could be the pump is dodgy. I'm not sure where you can get one locally, but I actually like the idea of being able to fit a very cheap part to solve a problem. Even if it is a short term mask! In the UK Malc supplies switches pre-set at the right pressure, and so if you have to adjust it lower you know your pump is tired. If you have to keep lowering it every few months you know your pump is on a steep slippery slope! For the cost of the switch, it is worth it just as a diagnosis tool IMO.

Mark 4
17-02-2014, 07:56 PM
I would never disagree with Nick.

If it's any help then I can get one from Malc and send it over. Malc may be happy to do this himself though.

CANDEE
17-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Pump is my old one which had done 70k from my car. I had no ayc issues when it was in the car. The only unknown is what mitsi swapped over when they installed the pump.

wintertidenz
18-02-2014, 04:01 AM
Are you sure all the lines are done up correctly? It could be one is leaking slightly after the pressure is brought up?

Gly
18-02-2014, 06:16 AM
dont the ayc switches change from N/O or N/C (or vise-versa) from 2000 onwards?

or do you have the matching ayc ecu?

i think ken had some issues when swapping ayc/ecu at some stage?

Nick Mann
18-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Yes, the switch does change.

dixon8
18-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Are you sure all the lines are done up correctly? It could be one is leaking slightly after the pressure is brought up?

one would hope it's been done up properly at the mitsi service place, who knows..............

I went for a drive today after work and it was all good again- NO red light showing on dash, so must be ocassional ,,,,,,,,,,,

will get error codes checked out next week...

CANDEE
18-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Yes, the switch does change.
That might explain the intermittant nature of it, as my car is a 98 and I think D's is an 00/01?

Nick Mann
18-02-2014, 09:08 AM
It changed in about May 2000, the same time as the cloth interiors went grey instead of red fleck, the dash went shiny grey instead of carbon and the autos lost their speedo output. I refer to it as the second facelift.

dixon8
19-02-2014, 05:45 AM
It changed in about May 2000, the same time as the cloth interiors went grey instead of red fleck, the dash went shiny grey instead of carbon and the autos lost their speedo output. I refer to it as the second facelift.

yes my leggie is 2000 model with grey recaros and the shinny grey trim around the console/controls areas /Banana

I managed to get back off the mitsi people my old burnt out AYC pump and bits luckily in the garage still. /Banana/Banana

what does the pump switch actually look like does anyone have a pics to post up please? is it easily swappable in place on the wagon? :anxious::anxious:

Trotty
19-02-2014, 08:46 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/19/vatapuba.jpg.

The green and black things on these two ayc pumps.

Nick Mann
19-02-2014, 09:30 AM
You need to remove the 4 bolts that hold the pump in place and the two bolts holding the pipes to the chassis rail. That will allow the pump assembly to drop enough that you can access the switch. Hopefully a quick swap and you will be back in business.

dixon8
19-02-2014, 10:30 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/19/vatapuba.jpg.

The green and black things on these two ayc pumps.

thanks for the pic of the switches, I have a green one if that makes any difference........ /thankyou

thanks nick for the procedure, I will check it out soon /thankyou

Trotty
19-02-2014, 11:45 AM
All I know is the green is off a 2000my with grey trim. Black is seccond from wreckers no idea.

Nick Mann
19-02-2014, 11:58 AM
The black switch is found on prefacelifts and first facelifts and should be closed if no pressure. The green switch is found on second facelifts and should be open if no pressure.

dixon8
23-02-2014, 07:46 PM
just a few more queries...

if I was to change the switch myself, do I need the system bled again?

any tips on how the complete job is able to be accomplished easily by myself or should I let the garage do it?

is the system pressurize at the moment before I remove the existing switch ?

Gly
24-02-2014, 12:18 AM
id check which switch is installed first, should not take to long to lower the assembly?
or if you can get a light/camera up there??

if its not correct switch....

id be more inclined to just try the PFL ayc ecu.
which is in a stupid place but can be reached by hand, 15-20mins? to swap out.

dixon8
24-02-2014, 05:56 AM
thanks for your thoughts :)

dixon8
10-03-2014, 06:38 AM
well, after checking that the AYC light was still showing consistently on the weekend, I took my Leggie back to the Mitsi garage and as per murphy's law " when car's being checked out, nothing is wrong". /wall/wall

NO red AYC light seen thoughout the whole service period even though it was ON all the way there from home this morning.
NO fault code was recorded, and all ok as far as garage is concerned after it was tested on a windy road

I got the AYC switch changed over to the later 2000 model (green one) even though we couldn't get an error.