PDA

View Full Version : Standard Shocks

dickytim
11-02-2005, 08:06 AM
I need a set of standard shocks, must be in good condition and must be in NZ, Any one got any to sell ?

Kenneth
11-02-2005, 10:02 AM
depends on what you wanna pay...

I have a full set of standard shocks/springs etc, but only because I have my height adjustables in.

If I sell my shocks ill HAVE to get cert :rolleyes4

Anyone know how much I would be looking at for cert?

Kenneth
11-02-2005, 10:03 AM
of course if you just need to borrow them for WOF or something... ;)

dickytim
12-02-2005, 02:26 AM
all good, got some KYB's for $84.40 each + GST

They really are a sinch to fit up took 2hrs all up for both front and rears.

Better than $700 for them.

Should have done a step by step, but trust me it is super easy.

dickytim
12-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Kenny, do your self a favour, sell the standards for $400 and get a cert done !!!

Easier than swapping them every 6 months.

_simon_
13-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Last time I looked at getting a cert, it was going to be just over $100, but that was about 8 years ago. Shouldn't cost too much if all you've done is the shocks. The thing to remember is that they don't just look at the thing you've changed they cert the whole car so if anything else is dodgy...

Kenneth, where your height adjstables on when you bought your VR4 or did you get them put on, if so how much did that cost. I'm saving up to get mine lowered but am just looking at changing the springs. The only problem is if I'm still not happy with the height then theres not much I can do about it.

Kenneth
13-02-2005, 04:42 AM
Last time I looked at getting a cert, it was going to be just over $100, but that was about 8 years ago. Shouldn't cost too much if all you've done is the shocks. The thing to remember is that they don't just look at the thing you've changed they cert the whole car so if anything else is dodgy...

Kenneth, where your height adjstables on when you bought your VR4 or did you get them put on, if so how much did that cost. I'm saving up to get mine lowered but am just looking at changing the springs. The only problem is if I'm still not happy with the height then theres not much I can do about it.

I put the height adjustables on myself. I got them about 2 years ago when I had my Galant 1.8 GDI. Cost me $1000 all up. I was a bit dubious about the cost initially, but after driving with them on, I am happy with the purchase.

I also fitted them myself. If you want to just get springs, then take a look at members cars. I personally have my height setup for handling and so I don't have excessive problems with speed bumps and drive ways. Interestingly enough, having the car lower produced worse handling. The suspension is so solid in its configuration that i sometime teeter on 3 wheel entering drive ways