PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Alarm Fob And Touch Key Replacements?

giblet
28-02-2014, 10:23 PM
The previous owner of my car didn't have the alarm fobs for the 3 pairs of keys and only had one touch key. Anyone know where I can purchase a pair of replacement fobs with the pcb and a spare touch key? I've had a look on eBay but all I can find are the alarm fob cases and not the actual fobs themselves.

BillHardy
28-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Have seen them for sale on fleebay before

Davezj
01-03-2014, 07:55 AM
yes, so have i, you could try going direct to cobra they must have loads of people loosing fobs and immobiliser keys.

as long as you have one immobiliser key that is programmed to the cars alarm and a pin number (i think but ot sure it was al long time ago when i did this), you can reprograme any other cobra fob or immobiliser key to your cars alarm. even second hand ones form other cobra alarms that have been programmed to other alarms.
So any fob from cobra new or old shold be ok for you to use they are effectivly universal fobs and immobilise keys until you actually programe them to you alarm.

i am pretty should this is correct but as i say it is a long time since i replaced a fob on my alarm, about 4 years ago. i have just needed to replace the cases since then about every 2 years due to the oil and petrol that gets onto the plastic and rubber when i am messing with my car.

i think there is a full cobra alarm instruction manual in the library as well, and an installation certificate (blank) for you to full in if you need it. but if you just need the manual and can't find te one in the library then give me a shout and i can scan in the instuction manual i have an post it up here.

hope this helps

giblet
01-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the replies chaps. I've found new fobs on eBay for £30, I have one working immobiliser key and that's it, no pin etc. I'll have to try and find a local Cobra installer and see if they can extract the pin code from the alarm or the immobiliser key.

giblet
06-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Bought a used fob and a new case for £20 on ebay, thanks to the instructions on the forum it was a doddle to reprogramme. Job jobbed!

Davezj
07-03-2014, 01:17 AM
excellent news, well done. there is lots of useful stuff on here.
even if it is not the most search friendly site, if someone knows where the thread is they will usuallylink to it for you.