PDA

View Full Version : Hi jawad

Jawadarif
09-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Hi I'm Jawad I'm interested in the galant vr4 so what should I look out for

Bender
09-03-2014, 06:03 AM
Welcome to ClubVR4.

Have a look around on the forums, Is heaps and heaps info that you help you.

Nick Mann
09-03-2014, 08:10 AM
/Welcome
Rust, service history.
There is a buyers guide on here somewhere that was written years ago. I would link to it but I am browsing on my phone.

Davezj
09-03-2014, 10:26 AM
hi and welcome,
i second the rust and service history.
if the car is known to the club then it is likely it life story will be on these pages somewhere.
if the service history is not factory or garage based and the owner has says he/she has done it themselfs or taken it to one of the people in the club to get all the servicing down then again it should be asy to trace the history on these pages or get in contact with the person the seller says did all the serviceing.

these cars have quite high servicing cost and regular intervales due to being a high initial cost performance car, so as the value of these cars plumited over the years it is cost effective to pay garage prices to ckeep them on the road and keep up with service at a dealer, most people will do as much as they can themselves. So don't be put off if the seller says they have done all the servicing themselves.

just do your back ground checks and any car you are thinking of buying, ask if the owner or previous owener is a member of the this club and what there username is, then it is very easy to check on the history of the car.

giblet
09-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Hi and welcome to CVR4. A dated buyers guide can be found here - http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/content.php?134-Buyers-Guide

Some sections on that are a little out of the date but the keys to check are still relevant. The posts by Dave and Nick above are also worth following. I'll second the comment about rust, a lot of the cars seem to have had basic undersealing done when they were imported and that has worn away over the years. It's worth posting up any links to cars you are interested in and we can try to point out any potential issues or anything that seems to stand out. Best of luck with your hunt!