PDA

View Full Version : TOAD Sterling alarm refurb or fixing

swinks
11-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Well, it's not a hurry matter.
Just thought that someone here may have some ideas.
In general I'm looking for any recommended place where I could fix few issues with alarm fitted into my vehicle.

So...
Alarm was fitted by some "butcher" or drunken installer just after import to UK to get VOSA approval. Most features work, but central locking. Actually, central locking works only on a driver doors, other doors has to be locked manually. And that's the most annoying part.
Tried to have a look, if I can fix it, but... I have no wiring diagram of that type of alarm, I have no wiring diagram of my ETACS unit, and after checking on actual wiring... I gave in. Total madness which doesn't make sense. On top of this, there was some sophisticated alarm fitted back in Japan by Alpine and remains of this alarm still in-situ, hence my headache with wiring.

I've tried to get in touch with original installer of this alarm (address from certificate), but mentioned business does not exist anymore.
So my options are:
- to get alarm fixed by other TOAD approved site
- maybe someone here within club does vehicle alarms fitting and can manage to fix issue with central locking
- get other alarm (any recommendations welcome).

As said, I'm not in a hurry. :)

Humpty's Revenge
11-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Well, it's not a hurry matter.
Just thought that someone here may have some ideas.
In general I'm looking for any recommended place where I could fix few issues with alarm fitted into my vehicle.

So...
Alarm was fitted by some "butcher" or drunken installer just after import to UK to get VOSA approval. Most features work, but central locking. Actually, central locking works only on a driver doors, other doors has to be locked manually. And that's the most annoying part.
Tried to have a look, if I can fix it, but... I have no wiring diagram of that type of alarm, I have no wiring diagram of my ETACS unit, and after checking on actual wiring... I gave in. Total madness which doesn't make sense. On top of this, there was some sophisticated alarm fitted back in Japan by Alpine and remains of this alarm still in-situ, hence my headache with wiring.

I've tried to get in touch with original installer of this alarm (address from certificate), but mentioned business does not exist anymore.
So my options are:
- to get alarm fixed by other TOAD approved site
- maybe someone here within club does vehicle alarms fitting and can manage to fix issue with central locking
- get other alarm (any recommendations welcome).

As said, I'm not in a hurry. :)

What model is it ? Ai606

swinks
11-03-2014, 10:42 AM
What model is it ? Ai606
Nope.
It's Sterling Moon 433, less advanced than Ai606

Humpty's Revenge
11-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Nope.
It's Sterling Moon 433, less advanced than Ai606

That's a shame as I have the full wiring diagram for the Ai606

In times like these I would remove every bit of wiring to do with any old alarm install because as you know it can conflict with each other

Get it removed & go for a clifford cat 1

They are excellent plus you can have extras fitted very easily

Just a thought dude