PDA

View Full Version : Ouch ... being embarassed to talk about it.

KiwiTT
12-02-2005, 11:48 PM
I reversed, my pride and joy into a short concrete post some weeks ago, I could not see as it was shorter than my boot. So I checked it out and said "Sh*t", as I looked at my bumper and the scratches it got. I clean that up when I get her repainted, no worries there. Too many stone chips on the front, too. It'll all be right when she's painted again.

Last night someone was looking at my car and saw my left hand tail light was cracked. I didn't notice this while I was cleaning the car for last nights meet :rolleyes4 Again I thought "Sh*t". New rear lights.

I talked to dickytim and he asked are you going to get some "Altezza" style lights. I said no, They'll loom a bit too "racy for my wife. I do like the 2002/2003 style Galant lights, with the small circles in them. Modern, but not over the top. I think I will get myself some of those put in.

What do you guy's think of the rear lights

Jimbo
13-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Eeek, sorry to hear about that, mate. I can sympathise.....6 weeks after buying my old V6-24, I reversed it into a 1-2 foot high wall that I couldn't see. That was a new bumper......£600 I think.

Anyway......I digress! Having had Galant's with both types of cluster, I'd have to say I prefer the post-facelift ones, they're nice and subtle.

Never been a big fan of so-called "Altezza" lights......even on the Lexus IS200/Altezza itself.

Kieran
13-02-2005, 03:11 AM
Altezza-style lights are best left to the Toyota Altezza (Lexus IS-200 for UK Peeps).

I prefer the Post-facelift tail lights. Both my GLS and my V6 have been post-facelift style, and I think they look far better. :)

Big Ian
13-02-2005, 12:24 PM
i like both pre and post item's i liked the Altezza one's but they are on nearly ever small car in the UK now so they don't look all that "different from the norm" now
also noticed that on ebay the American's pay silly money :rolleyes4 to get the pre facelift model rear's (like mine)?
/yes i'd stick to one of the standard set-up rear's.

KiwiTT
13-02-2005, 10:24 PM
It looks pretty good

p1_
14-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Post facelift mate - and easier to do on the Galant than Legnum methinks.