PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket/Custom Exhaust Options Northampton

Erni902
18-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Hi guys do any of you know of any decent places where I can get a custom exhaust system made up? Need it fairly close to be in Northampton ideally.

Here is a pic of the car from the back:

Now as you can see the exhaust sits very low and I dont like it!! The reason is because of the AYC pump on the drivers side. The system its self has seen better days and is only mild steel so rusty and holey etc. I do however love the sound!!! My requirement is to bring the height up so it sits nicely under the bumper.

Just had a consultation with a guy at Longlife in Northampton and he said I would either have to go back to single exit and bring the height up nicely or keep the twin exit and have it even lower!!! He said because he wouldnt want it to bang on the side of the spare wheel well.

These are the only 2 options he can present.

Does anyone else know of any way to get around this? There are tons of people on here with twin exits so I am not taking his answer of 'its pretty much impossible' I myself have had an aftermarket twin exit on this car before that sat at the right height so know it can be done.

Need somewhere close and professional.

TIA

Rikki

SGHOM
18-03-2014, 01:41 PM
I'm guessing Sheffield is a tad too far?

A few members on here took my advice & got exhausts sorted at a place near me. [splodge... andy.. Richard etc ]

John TheAntique
18-03-2014, 02:40 PM
There is a Powerflow in St Albans which I have used for 15 years on all my cars who are really good at made to measure systems.

Erni902
18-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Yes just a tad, however I am actually up in Carlton-in-Lindrick not far from Sheffield on Monday 14th April as I am having dinner with Stuart Pierce :)

I have the Monday and Tuesday off work so depending on the turnaround from consultation to fabrication, I could be interested Derek. Fancy sending me some details? ;)

Erni902
18-03-2014, 02:47 PM
There is a Powerflow in St Albans which I have used for 15 years on all my cars who are really good at made to measure systems.

Aha yes at the Top Gear garage. I have had quite bad experiences with the guys down there with brakes and suspension on my old Vectra. (Few years ago now though) I also asked for a quotation on an exhaust for the Vectra and they just said it will be around £500 and were not interested in having the car in for consultation. As I say this was a few years ago.

SGHOM
18-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Yes just a tad, however I am actually up in Carlton-in-Lindrick not far from Sheffield on Monday 14th April as I am having dinner with Stuart Pierce :)

I have the Monday and Tuesday off work so depending on the turnaround from consultation to fabrication, I could be interested Derek. Fancy sending me some details? ;)

I will mate :)

Glens car sounded like a friggin jet fighter when it took off !!

Andy's car was more subtle.... but sounded beautiful :)

The late physicians car....... well..... they put the exhaust on upside down LOL but it sounded awesome.

PM 2 of them & ask their opinion before you come up

exevoowner
18-03-2014, 09:15 PM
As for it hanging low you could always shorten the depth of the spare wheel well a friend of mine did this to a car for twin exhaust

Erni902
18-03-2014, 09:37 PM
As for it hanging low you could always shorten the depth of the spare wheel well a friend of mine did this to a car for twin exhaust

Could be an option as my spare wheel well doesn't actually house a spare wheel. Hmmm an idea /Hmmm :idea2: What about shortening it and reshaping it to such a degree that it is only big enough to house a battery ;) I feel a project coming on haha