PDA

View Full Version : WTB galant/legnum dashboard for flocking

Pugme
25-03-2014, 12:10 PM
As soon as my a pillar builds are completed I'll be getting them and the dash board flocked so if anyone has a dashboard sat around with full centre co sole section too. I'd rather get a second one flocked so I can do the swap over in my leisure and then hopefully can move e my OEM one on for someone else to do likewise.

Nick Mann Services
25-03-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm just taking one out of the breaker, Darren.

Pugme
25-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Sounds good to me.

And how much will you be looking for? Any pics?

And anyone who may be reading will want to buy mine of me for said price? :)

adaxo
25-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Interested in do mine at some point, Pugme what is cost and where is good place to do it? if is affordable then Im happy to get yours after you flocked Nicks :)

Pugme
25-03-2014, 03:51 PM
There doesn't seem to be anywhere near me as smuch but I think there is one over bicester/Banbury way, I don't think its too expensive if nick is kind enough to get us a pic of the whole dash (top and bottom with centre section) out of the car I'll then send it around to some companies for quotes :-)

I just thought by starting this off it saves us the hassle of not having a dash inyje car while it is getting done

Rough price u think I was given previously was about 80 quid for a dashboard, swinks had his done in blue, I wonder if I've tagged that right :)

adaxo
25-03-2014, 03:59 PM
IIRC swinks did his dash in PL hence the low price, I be surprised if we can pay similar money here.

Pugme
25-03-2014, 04:31 PM
http://www.banburyflockingservices.com/services/dashboard-flocking

The lady there reckons 140 all done, as she has a feeling its a big old dashboard.

I've told her I'll try to get her a picture but she reckons that's about right as a guideline price. She says everything she flocks gets 3 layers of flocking done to it.

I'm pretty happy with that and there not too far from me either.

Nick Mann
25-03-2014, 07:30 PM
It is out of the car. The light is failing now but I can try and get some photos tomorrow when I get back from work.

swinks
25-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Full dashboard flocking cost roughly in UK in range 120 - 160 GBP, on top of this are extras like:
- centre arm rest console approx. 50 GBP
- lower trim B-pillars - another 40 GBP
- top strip all 4 doorcards - another 40 GBP
Prices are dug out from MLR forum.

I did all above mentioned for total 85 GBP in PL.

jkrzysztof80
26-03-2014, 12:11 AM
I've got one if you want.

kiwigalant
26-03-2014, 05:40 AM
Can you guys explain what flocking and PL mean to me? Lmao is it just wrapping it in like felt?

Pugme
26-03-2014, 07:52 AM
PL is the abbreviation of Poland, like GB for Great Britain.

Flocking is an anti glare finish which can be applied to a surface with electrolysis.

I want it done because it looks cool others would want it done so the sun doesn't reflect of the dash when there out on track.

Pics and a price please, posted on here preferably as I intend to sell my dash on for the same price and I'd rather its the same deal for everyone if dashboards move around the club.

martin71
26-03-2014, 08:01 AM

Flocking is an anti glare finish which can be applied to a surface with electrolysis.

I want it done because it looks cool others would want it done so the sun doesn't reflect of the dash when there out on track.

Pics and a price please, posted on here preferably as I intend to sell my dash on for the same price and I'd rather its the same deal for everyone if dashboards move around the club.

I bought swinks flocked interior off him its good,also banbury flocking services is only a few miles from me..so if you need me to go and see them i can do and show them what you want doing....

giblet
26-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Will be interested to see the finished dash. I've always wanted a flocked dash with retrimmed seats to match the finish.

swinks
26-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Here are my old stuff as an example.

Bit darker in real.

Pugme
26-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Ah crap, its just dawned on me... I hacked my dash about to get three gauges in where the clock is supposed to be :) lol

So me selling my dash on will be determined by me be able to repair (if necessary) the area I cut. It may not be an issue I'll ha e to try a standard clock unit in to see if it covers what I trimmed.

But thank you tomasz, I'll get them pics over to Banbury flocking to get a guaranteed price promise.

adaxo
26-03-2014, 09:55 PM
I just do a quick search on ebay and this looks interesting (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flocked-Dashboard-Flocked-Dash-Flocking-Services-At-SW-Motorsports-/121050660498?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c2f2e7e92)

Thing is, when I start flocking my car I would like to do pretty much all plastics, dash, door cards, A B C pillars, centre console, the lot, so its looks like it will be close to £300 in UK compared to less than £100 in PL which I probably visit this year, really confused now what to do.

Nick Mann
26-03-2014, 10:08 PM
£25 for the dash? I'm sorry, I didn't get back early enough to get pictures in the daylight. If you still need them, let me know!

kiwigalant
26-03-2014, 11:52 PM

Okay thanks for that. I've seen swink's pics on here and honestly thought it was fabric of some kind due to never having heard about flocking.