PDA

View Full Version : The next event?

Pescha
13-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Hi guys, I thought about doing a poll for this, but rethought as it restricts options...

As an individual, what would you prefer to do? Some ideas which were thought up at the last meet were a bbq, a mystery run, a day cruize, drags at Meremere, an over night run to Rotorua etc.

We understand we have a mixture of members who have families and who are single, and within reason we would like to cater for each other, majority rules.

We as moderators would like to share these decisions with you all, as it's our club not one particular persons.

So here is your chance to voice your opinion of what you would like to do...

At this stage no date or time has been set, so get writing, the more ideas the better, as then we can set up a yearly events calendar, so everyone can budget and work around work etc.....

Cheers
Pescha!

AllBeItMine
13-02-2005, 08:44 AM
having a mini motorkhana would be great...

if we could just find somewhere to have it. anybody have access to a big flat unused car park or grass field?

a cruise somewhere to a nice beach for a BBQ and a few cold lemonades would be good too. Maybe Omaha or something?

i3ooyah
13-02-2005, 09:22 AM
omaha is a nice idea, the roads leading up to it are pretty good to with a few lil twists & turns, unless im thinking of omana

Kenneth
13-02-2005, 09:23 AM
At the moment I am very flexible and all the ideas sound good.

I'll just need enough forwarning so I can mark the day/s off on my calender

97_Legnum
13-02-2005, 11:41 AM
I'd be keen on the Beach BBQ idea,or the Rotavagus overnighter... Whatever date arises hopefully the weather would be good...

Trow
13-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Well folks, Am real keen on the Rotorua Idea, I think we should do the over night thing so we can relax have a few drinks and get to know each other... I work shift work so have lots of time off if you need help sorting things out am available for whatever we decide...

ShadyNZer
14-02-2005, 08:09 AM
rotos sounds tight, only half hour away from tok...tho i might be living in aucks by the time the next meet is :( hmmm BBQ sounds all good

p1_
14-02-2005, 09:22 AM
having a mini motorkhana would be great...

if we could just find somewhere to have it. anybody have access to a big flat unused car park or grass field?

a cruise somewhere to a nice beach for a BBQ and a few cold lemonades would be good too. Maybe Omaha or something?

This gets my vote :2thumbsup

tig202
14-02-2005, 12:45 PM
I will gladly attend any meet up..... Just as long as its in the next 3 weeks :elvis:

freaksnzl
18-02-2005, 04:08 AM
Am real keen on the Rotorua Idea as well as it is closer than auckland.

Gly
21-02-2005, 09:00 AM
any updates??

Trow
22-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Pescha suggested the four canoes motel in Rotorua so I gave them a quick call this morning to enquire about a few things, I don't know how soon you guys want to get together or when you would have time off but they can do double rooms for $115 for 2 with full cooked breakfast in the morning (anti hangover stuff)

they have space available on the 18th of March

Web page below for the site if we get enough interest we could look at booking it but would need to have definite answers to who will be attending.

http://www2.iserve.net.nz/users/edms/fourcanoes.com/htdocs/accommodation.htm

just suggestions but am willing to help out or follow it thru

Pescha
23-02-2005, 01:29 AM
Hi ya, yes thats for the hotel side of things, if you ask for the motel/backpackers prices they are better again, they are about $75 per room, with kitchen facilities avaliable.

Um.... KiwiTT what do you want to do? I can start organising, but I've sorta waited to see what you wanted to do since you are in charge of events (don't want to step on anyones toes)...

Get in touch either through here, messsenger, or email hun! The sooner the better as I feel the members want to get together on an over nighter.....

I think we should also ring or email around other establishments to get quotes as well....

What does everyone think about getting an events calender up so people can budget and organise work and life commitments around our events...

Also I sent Barry an email and it returned, whats up with that?

Like to get some feedback from some people please...

Cheers,
Pescha!

Gly
23-02-2005, 04:52 AM
march is a little on the early side for me... (for an over nighter aint got cash to spare)
trying to get the cash together for a carbon evo bonnet for my car :happy:
which should be arriving early april...
after that time ill be coming to most events....
oh and ill join the club then too /yes

KiwiTT
23-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Um.... KiwiTT what do you want to do? I can start organising, but I've sorta waited to see what you wanted to do since you are in charge of events (don't want to step on anyones toes)...

Actually ... No. The NZ Commitee is. No toes to step on here.

I think we can organise a time to brainstorm ideas. A proposal to the NZ members, our options can be aired then..

Let's go for Monday 28 February 7pm - CVR4Chat Room or an MSN Group Chat if someone knows how to set one up, with 5 people in a chat.

Trow
23-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Yep I am good to go on the 28th for a meeting, will look into the meeting room setup as well and post shortly.

As I said it was just a rough date to start getting prices, the four canoes place looks quite smart.

Kenneth
23-02-2005, 09:57 AM
ok, I'll make sure I have monday cleared at 7pm.

i3ooyah
23-02-2005, 11:31 AM
ditto

someone msn me when you guys talk about it soren_00@hotmail.com thanks