PDA

View Full Version : WTB 88-89 Galant auto/manual trans

wintertidenz
04-04-2014, 06:54 AM
The transmission in the Galant has started making whining noises :( so this is a last ditch effort to see if she can be repaired before it gets parted out/sold as scrap.

Trans markings are KM175, although I understand that a F4A22 will also fit.

Otherwise manual bits to convert the old girl to manual would work.

It's the 4G63 engine.

I know it's a long shot, but anything out there?

crazydriver81
07-04-2014, 01:38 PM
The transmission in the Galant has started making whining noises :( so this is a last ditch effort to see if she can be repaired before it gets parted out/sold as scrap.

Trans markings are KM175, although I understand that a F4A22 will also fit.

Otherwise manual bits to convert the old girl to manual would work.

It's the 4G63 engine.

I know it's a long shot, but anything out there?

I guess you are after a gearbox for a FWD / non-turbo Galant? Have you checked Pick-a-part yet? They have listed numerous 6G Galants, mainly E35A. They came with the AT box, you are looking for... I don't know where abouts you are located in NZ but SEAN-NZ helped me out with parts from an E35A last year. I think the parts came from Pick-a-Part Tauranga yard.

wintertidenz
08-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Yeah I've looked at a few of the stock lists, and there are a few around - but I just don't have the time at the moment to go there. Apparently the E35A transmissions are a bit different, although I don't know if they are that different that it will matter (eg. KM175-5 in this car, F4A22's in the E35's, but the KM's use the same rebuild kits as the F4A22's).

I've chucked some trans additive in there as I have nothing to lose really, and it's quietened down a little bit.

SEAN-NZ
18-04-2014, 08:50 AM
just looked on pick a part site, doesnt appear to be any 6g galants

wintertidenz
19-04-2014, 01:21 AM
There were a few up in Auckland last time I checked. Just haven't had the time to take it off the road yet, so haven't bothered to go get the part.