PDA

View Full Version : LHD manual galant or legnum 97+

RAVENXM
06-04-2014, 03:23 AM
hello people overhere
ive been searching in us and canda area for 97+ LHD manuar legnum or galant vr4 v6 awd car

all the cars ive seen were with aut tranny or rhd
question were theylhd manual or i need a donor car and to made an conversion vor LHD or manual swap??
TNX a lot

Nick Mann
06-04-2014, 07:55 AM
None left the factory as LHD. There are some conversions around, but only a handful and rarely for sale.

Davezj
06-04-2014, 01:03 PM
You probably be better searching the other countries in Europe for a LHD as a lot of them drive on the right.
Hi and welcome to the club.

I would be surprised if you found one in the uk.
Maybe some country specific car club.

But there are some LHD drivers in the club, they maybe able to shed some light on your requirements.
You do realise you are asking for a manual gear box which is not comon, and then a LHD which is even less comon. You might struggle.

RAVENXM
06-04-2014, 06:08 PM
You probably be better searching the other countries in Europe for a LHD as a lot of them drive on the right.
Hi and welcome to the club.

I would be surprised if you found one in the uk.
Maybe some country specific car club.

But there are some LHD drivers in the club, they maybe able to shed some light on your requirements.
You do realise you are asking for a manual gear box which is not comon, and then a LHD which is even less comon. You might struggle.

yes i"m searching for lhd manual i want to build it for daily/track usage i love the gallant since i got my license i built an 95 one with evo engine
but vr4 or legnum ls a real dream and the biggest problem is an insurance will kill me for rhd in canada
td04 or a bit bigger turbo aprox 400hp and it will kill an automatic gearbox and i cant drive auto at track cause real driver use 3 pedals

Nick Mann
06-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Dave, there are no factory spec LHD 8th gen VR4s. They ALL left the factory as a Japanese only model, so RHD.

Lev, there are several Canadian members on here - although as far as I know they all have RHD cars.

It might be worth seeing if Alex can offer advice or even a car, as I am sure he has converted a few! GalantOnly

Davezj
06-04-2014, 08:05 PM
I was trying to refer to Him, he is more likely to find a converted RHD to LHD 8G in a coutry that they are used in, rather than UK.
there will be plenty of 8G galants all over the rest of europe that are LHD but not VR4's so there are plenty of these which could scavanged for LHD conversion parts, so you are most likely to find a converted car over in the rest of europe.

chris g
07-04-2014, 08:59 AM
yes i"m searching for lhd manual i want to build it for daily/track usage i love the gallant since i got my license i built an 95 one with evo engine
but vr4 or legnum ls a real dream and the biggest problem is an insurance will kill me for rhd in canada
td04 or a bit bigger turbo aprox 400hp and it will kill an automatic gearbox and i cant drive auto at track cause real driver use 3 pedals

...real driver use 3 pedals...?

Have you seen modern cars, race cars, DSG...

...and majority of drivers on here with tiptronic box...

MarkSanne
07-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Contact Alex ( GalantOnly ). He's one of the (if not THE) experts for VR4 RHD > LHD conversions, who is also active here. There are others (although most not on here, usually eastern european) but Alex really knows his stuff and has done this many, many times, so if you want it done good, give him shout!

wolfd89
07-04-2014, 08:48 PM
if you're looking for an 8th gen galant, they are available in NA but like you said only as auto and with 2.4L 4 bangers. Best bet would be to buy one for cheap here, and hunt for an engine and transmission in Europe.