PDA

View Full Version : WTB Someone/somewhere with a MUT

xp67
07-04-2014, 06:50 PM
So, I swapped my steering wheel and now have an SRS light on. I need to get it cleared before my MOT. Does anyone know of someone or someplace with a MUT who can clear the light for less than the dealership? I'm located in the West Midlands.

Thanks all!

Davezj
07-04-2014, 07:28 PM
the SRS light should not come on if you are just disconnecting the air bag and then plugging back in. i have done that lots of time and the SRS light never came on, the only time the SRS light came on was were i messed with the wiring to the clock spring, it was just a case of having a slightly loose connection and a quick push of the connecters for the airbag sorted it out. the connector was not the one directly on the back of the air bag but the one on the steering column, i thought i had not disturbed this on at all but i must have pulled it some how.

xp67
07-04-2014, 09:57 PM
The light came on because I did not clip the connector all the way into the air bag.

Davezj
07-04-2014, 10:51 PM
good find, always worth checking

xp67
08-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Definitely! I checked that it was clipped in, but it has two 'stages' of being connected.

I still need someone to reset this light. Does anyone know of a garage?

Confused
08-04-2014, 12:57 PM
I know that my dad was able to reset my SRS light with the tool he has at his work - I think it was a Snap-On, was like a red tablet running Windows XP with a wireless unit that plugged into the diagnostic port.

We were able to get to the SRS menu by choosing I think it was a 2001 Galant.

So - it doesn't necessarily have to be a MUT from a dealer, but you do need to have the right bit of equipment (6 months earlier my dad didn't have a diagnostic computer that would do it...)

My dad works at a garage in Colchester, Essex, so might be a bit of a trek for you to get to him, and it'd be cheaper to go to a Mitsubishi dealer ;)

MarkSanne
08-04-2014, 02:01 PM
I have a MUT-II which fixes these errors, but that's not much for a help being in Holland...

Davezj
08-04-2014, 02:13 PM
there is a MUTII on ebay at the moment but it is about £2000 it is a laptop with attachments.

xp67
13-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I'll start phoning round. My local garages have no interest as 'it's an import, we can't do those', so I guess I'll just start telling people that I have a 2001 Galant! ;)

GalantOnly
13-04-2014, 05:58 PM
I have a MUT-II which fixes these errors, but that's not much for a help being in Holland...

Do you have a ROM-pack for VR-4, Mark?

MarkSanne
14-04-2014, 09:18 AM
I wish I had Alex... I only have euro Galant ROM packs. Those don't read anything from the VR4, except SRS and ABS systems.

Tam
14-04-2014, 11:33 AM
My wife's brother has a SOLUS (think it's called that) at work that he uses for diagnostic purposes. It's red as well like a laptop with circuit boards for different cars. I have never asked to see if it talks to my leggie but it's been used on all our other cars.

Marc

Confused
14-04-2014, 11:42 AM
My wife's brother has a SOLUS (think it's called that) at work that he uses for diagnostic purposes. It's red as well like a laptop with circuit boards for different cars. I have never asked to see if it talks to my leggie but it's been used on all our other cars.

Marc

Yup, that's the one that my dad used to clear the SRS light on my Legnum :)

So - if you can find a local garage with a SOLUS, they should be able to do it for you :)

xp67
16-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I popped in to a random garage on the way home from work and they happened to have a SOLUS, I told them to try a 2001 Galant and it worked just fine :) Thanks all! :D

Confused
17-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Fantastic :)

A useful bit of information to remember for future! :)