PDA

View Full Version : Ayc wiring diagram wanted

bakerboy-2007
07-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Hi guys does anyone know where to source the ayc wiring diagram please ??

Cheers /bananaroc

TAR
08-04-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm fairly sure that the workshop manuals in the Resource section has the pin outs for the AYC ECU and a fault finding chart. It may also contain the wiring diagram.
:happy:

GalantOnly
08-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Did you tried typing "AYC wiring diagram" in Da Powah Of Search at the top of the window? :)

Davezj
08-04-2014, 11:22 PM
rep given for the diagram in the original thread cheers alex very useful

GalantOnly
09-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks Dave :)

bakerboy-2007
09-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Top man many thanks may the hunt begin :)

bakerboy-2007
09-04-2014, 11:24 PM
May I explain my predicament

My ayc is a bit funky .....

1. I turn ignition key - 3 green bars / no ayc red light

2. At start up all lights out

3. While driving no green lights however hard I turn

4. Try to pull codes no red light

I have put a good bulb in the red ayc still nothing

Any suggestions ?

Davezj
09-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Is the AYC ecu plugged in?

are the fuses in place under the bonnet and under the dash drivers foot well.
read the fuse box lid under the bonnet and read the sticker on the back of the coin tray by right knee to find out which one is the AYC fuse, it has a picture of a set of rear wheels and axle on it.

GalantOnly
10-04-2014, 10:14 AM
How about ABS, TCL OFF and hand brake lamps? Do they light up?

bakerboy-2007
10-04-2014, 06:56 PM
All lights come on at check and go out with the exception of the red ayc

I checked all fuses Dave nothing looks suspect

Where is the mentioned plug?? Please

Davezj
10-04-2014, 07:10 PM
i think the ayc/asc ecu is on the left of the glove box on the bottom of the A pillar chassis area, i have always removed the glove box to get to it as it is easy then for people with overly large hair covered gorilla hands to get to it, you can also see it if you remove the glove box which helps.
you can get to it without removing the glove box, if have girlly slender hands but it will have to be do via touch only as you can't really see anything. It feels as though you are doing a bit of a James Herreot (All Creatures Great and Small, which dates me i think) trying to get you hands on the connectors from there.

GalantOnly
10-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Try this plug too:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?69238-AYC-lights-no-longer-work&p=761704&viewfull=1#post761704

It's a connector "C-50(8) Instrumental and ABS harness" from my AYC diagram...
Take a multimeter and check for continuity between yellow/red wire and chassis - on the female side of this connector. When you turn the ignition on there must be continuity for couple of seconds.

bakerboy-2007
10-04-2014, 10:19 PM
That's great info cheers guys will be sat when I get time

Dave I have big baker shovels so maybe removal of glove box is the best way lol

Wear
20-09-2016, 01:54 PM
Where can I buy the AYC wiring for legnum ec5w?
Appreciate some advice.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Davezj
20-09-2016, 05:20 PM
Where can I buy the AYC wiring for legnum ec5w?
Appreciate some advice.

you might be able to get it from a main dealer but it will cost a fair bit i would imagine.

if you don't mind me asking why do you need a AYC loom?

Wear
21-09-2016, 12:20 AM
you might be able to get it from a main dealer but it will cost a fair bit i would imagine.

if you don't mind me asking why do you need a AYC loom?
I'm converting from 2wd to 4wd. Currently would like to enable the ayc pump.

Davezj
21-09-2016, 02:00 PM
why has someone disabled it?

the normal way of doing this is to remove the fuse. and it is only normally done if the ayc pump is faulty or the diff is faulty.

look at the fuse box lid it has the ayc symbols on it then check the fuse

Wear
22-09-2016, 03:33 AM
Im converting from 2wd 2.0 GDI VRG to 4wd 2.5TT VR4 EC5W (bought from halfcut).

Thus to enable the AYC indicator, i need a complete wiring/loom for AYC pump.

Appreciate your can advice on where to buy this. In ebay i saw a lot of AYC wiring/loom for evo.

SEAN-NZ
22-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Easier to get an open diff casing and drop an evo lsd in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davezj
22-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Im converting from 2wd 2.0 GDI VRG to 4wd 2.5TT VR4 EC5W (bought from halfcut).

Thus to enable the AYC indicator, i need a complete wiring/loom for AYC pump.

Appreciate your can advice on where to buy this. In ebay i saw a lot of AYC wiring/loom for evo.

do you have the ayc ecu, ASC ecu and the 3 G sensors, steering angle sensor vr4 gear box, transfer case, propshaft, which would probable need a VR4 steering column, vr4 gear box, transfer case, propshaft, front subframe, etc,etc.
does the 2.4 GDi have the transmission tunnel in the chassis to allow the propshaft to fit up next to the exhaust.
if it it a FWD chassis then probably not so you will have to cut out the floor and fabricate a bigger transmission tunnel.

would it not be cheaper and much simpler to just to buy a VR4 and fit the 2.4 GDi engine to that if you really want a gdi powered VR4 which will be slower than the GDi in the first place due to the extra transmission losses.

my advice would be buy a VR4 leave it factory stock and enjoy it.

Wear
22-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Everything (dashboard, ecu, gearbox, engine, shaft, 4wd, exhaust) can be installed with no problem.
The tunnel also no problem to fit shaft and exhaust. Not require to cut the floor. Very simple and straightforward.

For me convert to VR4 is cheaper. I have enjoy 4wd ec5w for 2years. Now want to enable back the AYC. I just bought AYC pump, now looking for AYC wiring/loom, any advice on this?

Bobby~d
22-09-2016, 03:15 PM
do you have the ayc ecu, ASC ecu and the 3 G sensors, steering angle sensor vr4 gear box, transfer case, propshaft, which would probable need a VR4 steering column, vr4 gear box, transfer case, propshaft, front subframe, etc,etc.
does the 2.4 GDi have the transmission tunnel in the chassis to allow the propshaft to fit up next to the exhaust.
if it it a FWD chassis then probably not so you will have to cut out the floor and fabricate a bigger transmission tunnel.

would it not be cheaper and much simpler to just to buy a VR4 and fit the 2.4 GDi engine to that if you really want a gdi powered VR4 which will be slower than the GDi in the first place due to the extra transmission losses.

my advice would be buy a VR4 leave it factory stock and enjoy it.

Dave I think with the front half he bought he would get everything you mentioned there except for the drive shaft, rear suspension and diff. As I know it the front half is from the dashboard to the front bumper including the gear shifter I could be wrong tho.
Like thishttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160922/d19c87826b69c959b27f838a48fd4eca.jpg

Davezj
22-09-2016, 05:15 PM
error post

Grid
22-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Everything (dashboard, ecu, gearbox, engine, shaft, 4wd, exhaust) can be installed with no problem.
The tunnel also no problem to fit shaft and exhaust. Not require to cut the floor. Very simple and straightforward.

For me convert to VR4 is cheaper. I have enjoy 4wd ec5w for 2years. Now want to enable back the AYC. I just bought AYC pump, now looking for AYC wiring/loom, any advice on this?

The loom is not something that is often offered in parts auctions. If I were you I'd consider getting the Evo one and just complete any missing wiring yourself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evo-4-5-6-Rear-Loom-Boot-Wiring-harness-AYC-/282154403205?hash=item41b1b68585:g:XsIAAOSwT5tWNh3 M