PDA

View Full Version : Finally Registered :)

RQM1
11-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Hi all.... Fred here, from Hampshire / UK

Finally got around to registering, heard some good things about this forum :)

Been the owner of a 2001 2.5 v6 Galant for a while now, love it!

looking for a few small bits and pieces if anyone has a scrap one?

Davezj
11-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Hi and welcome to the club.
we are a friendly bunch on here, so have fun and don't be afraid to join in any discussions coments, etc.
Enjoy.

RQM1
11-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Cheers! :)

Bender
11-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Welcome to ClubVR4

Atik
11-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Welcome.

What bits are you after. There is usually a good supply of bits on these forums. I'm about to break my car so chances are I might have what you are after.

elnevio
12-04-2014, 01:22 PM
/welcome3

RQM1
14-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Welcome.

What bits are you after. There is usually a good supply of bits on these forums. I'm about to break my car so chances are I might have what you are after.

Just a few physical parts really.
I needed an alternator but that was a matter of urgency so I got a reconditioned one off ebay. Should of checked on here first really!

Other than that, I need the clip from the left hand side of the glovebox that stops the glovebox from coming all the way open and tipping all the stuff out on the floor..its like a rectangular bit of plastic on the glovebox side that clips in and on the other side theres a cylindrical bit of plastic with rubber around it that catches on the wall and stops the glovebox where it should... mines snapped and irreparable.
And also the small centre bottom section of the front bumper, its like a 25cm wide bit of plastic that is held onto the bumper with 2 bolts, mine came off at some point and makes the car look a bit shabby without it.
Maybe after a set of new alloy wheels if they are in good condition with legal tyres etc, think the stud diametre is 4x 114, got the standard 17" ones on at the mo was after a set of decent looking 18" black ones if possible.

Only small parts i know but they are winding me up! Can you help?

Atik
14-04-2014, 01:06 PM
I have a spare glove box which I think has the clips you need.
I also have the bumper bit you need. For info, it's called tow eye cover. Its black so you may need to get it painted if you have another colour car.

Cant help with the wheels though as mine are 5 stud, and I'm contemplating keeping them.

RQM1
18-06-2014, 12:14 PM
I don't think the part I need is the tow eye cover, its from the central part of the bumper underneath the license plate, ill include a pic to be more specific.

Do you still have the glove box? the missing clip is being a real pain every time i need access to the box it dumps the contents all over my passenger foot well haha.

I also now need a few other bits which someone on here may be able to help with.
A passenger front fog light, ive got one but the clip on the back has broken off, already fixed it a couple of times with araldite but it always breaks again as obviously not as strong as an original one.

And also a working galant clock. I understand the common problem with these is a simple dry solder joint but i am useless at soldering!

Does anyone know why i am unable to start a thread in the 'Wanted' section? I tried to start one to try and get these parts but it wont let me,
Cheers!

RQM1
18-06-2014, 12:17 PM
This is the part of the bumper in question

http://i.imgur.com/c2dSbM4.jpg?1

Nick Mann
18-06-2014, 01:14 PM
That is the tow eye cover.

I think you need a minimum post count/time registered before you can post new threads in the for sale/wanted forums.

RQM1
30-06-2014, 01:38 AM
Ok cheers