PDA

View Full Version : Tuning parts to a VR4 manual 8g Galant WANTED

Yacuza
12-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Hi.
I have a few Q. Hope i can get some good answers :)

- turbo hard pipes/ bigger hardpipe kit. I've been
reading that the stock pipes sufficates the turbos
abit. Is this correct and where can i buy bolt on
pipes??
- FMIC kit, where can i buy one that is bolt on?? And
works? Autobahn88 has a kit on ebay. Any thougths?
- Air intake, any piping kit i can buy so i can us two
conefilters on this engine??

I've seen pictures of all the things i have posted above on google. But NEVER where i can buy stuff. And i have not the time or knowledge to build it my self :/

Best Regards from Norway.

Nick Mann
12-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Stock pipes suffocating the turbos. Not much IMO, but there are improvements to be made if you want to invest time. IMO just changing the flexible pipes to hard pipes is not a good bang per buck investment. There is no off the shelf kit easily available - you are best looking for second hand stuff coming off cars being broken.

FMIC kit for a facelift car is tricky. ARC, Blitz & GReddy have all made bolt on kits but sourcing them new is tricky at best. You can make generic stuff fit, but it is more tricky on a facelift as the intercooler inlet pipe is different to the pre facelift.

Air intake to two conefilters? The only sensible way to do this is to put each one directly to an individual turbo. The only way to do that is to remove the MAF, which means a MAP sensor and a different or piggy back ECU. This is potentially the hardest thing to do of all your ideas! I hope you enjoy your modifications. ;)

Yacuza
12-04-2014, 10:49 PM
I know its a long shot.. :)

If anyone have something laying arround or have pics on previous builds just post them with some comments.

Its possible to buy pipes and bends to make it my self but good damn that will take some time.

Here is a kit: http://www.protuninglab.com/wm-savr4-fmic.html

but thanks for the reply :)

Nick Mann
12-04-2014, 11:08 PM
That kit looks like a good one. I like the shorter intercoolers - they take up less of the radiators air. It also includes the pipes to and from the intercooler, so the facelift pipe change issue is resolved. I'm suprised that the USA has a kit for our cars though, as they were never sold there and there are hardly any there even now!