PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, hi :)

deezed
25-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Hi VR4 forum :)
Finally joined up. Finally serious about buying a VR4 as second car.

Basically, I want a legnum (need an estate) - have been going round in circles considering the Nissan Stagea RS-Four, Subaru Legacy GTB, Legnum VR4. Erring on the side of the VR4, the only concern is the auto box - don't want it to go bang!

Is it true that you cannot buy a facelift manual with AYC? Can anyone clarify the manual/auto ayc/non-ayc options or is it still a bit of a mystery?

Cheers.

jaspa
25-04-2014, 01:13 PM
hi and welcome.

I'm not too sharp on the full model options but have a facelift factory Manual legnum with AYC so they are about.

Stuart

deezed
25-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Ah awesome :) so they do exist... they're just hen's teeth rare!

elnevio
25-04-2014, 02:18 PM
/Welcome

VR-4 model info here (www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?62723-VR-4-model-information), which may help!

The facelift manual Legnum Type-S came equipped with AYC as standard. It was the Type-V Legnum that came with an open diff, and was only available in auto anyway.

deezed
25-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Thanks - I'll have a read :)

deezed
25-04-2014, 05:16 PM
I would respectfully suggest that the body of the text in the link posted (and authored) by elnevio should replace the specifications section of the buyers guide..

elnevio
25-04-2014, 05:20 PM
I would respectfully suggest that the body of the text in the link posted (and authored) by elnevio should replace the specifications section of the buyers guide..

Whilst happy to accept any praise flung in my direction, other than a bit of fine-tuning and tweaking, I can't take credit for the model info write-up, which was mostly put together by bradc, who sadly no longer frequents the forums.

Bender
25-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Welcome to ClubVR4

Myself went from a Stagea to a Legnum, They both every nice wagon and both they their good and bad points, I still like both and would be hard choose one of them if I was buying again.