PDA

View Full Version : breakdown cover

Scanny
29-04-2014, 02:43 AM
my renewal is coming up in June and the AA want £304.68 for the year which isnt the basic package but does include stuff i dont want like 3 days a year european cover and some discounts like MOTO services which i get with a forces discount anyway

this does seem excessive though although it does give me a hire car for a few days if i cant be put back on the road there and then. i may bin this since i now have 2 working cars again

any thoughts on that price?

giblet
29-04-2014, 04:30 AM
That's a lot of cash if it just covers you. Give them a call and say you are looking to leave, watch them drop the price fairly quickly in an attempt to keep you. How much extra does the 3 days of EU cover add?

darren1976
29-04-2014, 05:56 AM
You checked with you bank I get mine threw my current account

Rambaud
29-04-2014, 06:52 AM
I get mine from the RAC with Tesco Clubcard points. :)

adaxo
29-04-2014, 08:46 AM
I never pay more than £50 for me in any car with recovery and onward travel, each year they send me renewal with stupid price then I call them to cancel and price is halved, but I still cancel it and go on quidco and get a super cheap deal with cash back, remember one year, few years back, I got all this for £16.

Scanny
29-04-2014, 08:48 AM
i dont know how much extra the silver membership costs but i see no useful benefits for me personally. my passport expired 9 years ago so any cover overseas is of no use to me at all. all i want is recovered from the roadside to a garage when something goes wrong. home start isnt much of a problem either since both cars always start first time every time and even a jump start is easily doable since i have 2 cars. i disconnected the battery on the legnum when i put it off the road last year so that is still healthy enough and to ensure a better spark, the plugs and leads will be upgraded in a few weeks. i bought the recommended plugs from camskill last year and i got blue magnecor leads but never got round to having them fitted

Braddy40
01-05-2014, 10:39 PM
I recently renewed with Green flag and my policy went up £14 as I was changing from a 2003 galant to a 96 Legnum. Their reason, if its an older car its more likely to break down. When I asked to cancel the policy they gave me a discount. I am only paying about £45 a year which is the basic roadside recovery meaning I'm covered if my car breaks down 4+ miles from my house. The home start puts the price up a lot and as you say isn't required.

Rich101
03-05-2014, 02:43 AM
Check ur bank u might b covered through them. I've got a good one home start every thing even if I'm in a car that breaks down the will rescue meeeee