PDA

View Full Version : WTB A few odd bits

c0ldblooded
29-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Hi guys :) After a close encounter with a Freelander and a ditch I need a couple of odd bits for my FL Galant VR-4:
- rubber trim for rear left (passenger side) wheel arch - got torn in half, fortunately the plastic arch itself survived. Fun fact - the local dealer said they could order it but cannot say when it will be delivered if at all (?!?)
- both inner and outer light bulb cap for the left side facelift fog light (actually caps should be the same on L/R side) - just ot make it clear - those are the two bits in the back which hold the bulbs in place. A**holes at the garage managed to break the outer one and lose the other when removing the bumper...fortunately they admitted the fault and will pay for the parts. Problem is they aren't exactly easy to come by... Local dealer can order the outer one (turn light) (delivery time unknown), doesn't have part number for the inner one (the black one) at all. I am hoping that somebody somewhere has a broken fog and has those two laying around...
Of course any suggestions would be welcome. I will add a picture of the caps later if it would help

Jan4iks
29-04-2014, 02:59 PM
What color of rubber trim?

c0ldblooded
29-04-2014, 03:05 PM
The car is silver so I guess it would be gray? I really have no idea what colors they come in...

Jan4iks
29-04-2014, 09:37 PM
Here (http://www.vr-4.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=12587&highlight=%F0%E5%E7%E8%ED%EA%E8&page=6) (Russia VR-4 forum), You can find similar rubber codes from other cars.

c0ldblooded
29-04-2014, 09:54 PM
That's a very interesing thread - thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it. I'll most probably order a couple of meters from one of those sites, rubber trims look close enough :)

c0ldblooded
07-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Got the caps, only thing left is the rubber trim. Jan4kis any hints which of the suggestions in that thread actually work? From the different pics attached I've noticed the trims have different profiles? I don't exactly understand Russian although it's close to my own language... I've noticed someone suggested an item from ebay in the other thread - any ideas if it is the proper profile?

Jan4iks
07-05-2014, 07:29 PM

There is (http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6078115796.html) another gray rubber (without tape) from China...