PDA

View Full Version : evoscan/flashing/tuning south of england

Pugme
08-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Is anyone still tweaking and fettling about with ECUs on here anymore? My car cannot get on a dyno and I'm planning on getting on with a service when the sun comes out and although the car seems to run fine (all bolt on mods except fpr done) it would be nice to have it hooked up and tested and maybe tweaked.

Nutter john used to live 5 mins from me but he vanished into thin air so I don't really know who is left around here that can really help me.

And raising my suspension for a dyno run isn't an option :-p

Davezj
08-05-2014, 10:28 PM
is it that low that you can not use ramps to get on the dyno.
lots of dyno places have small ramps available for low cars, even bits of wood like 8x4 sheets of ply can do enough to get a car up on to a dyno.
or is it a case of when the wheels drop into the roller the car will bottom out on the dyno machine.

Davezj
08-05-2014, 10:40 PM
i have been tweeking my ecu for the last few weeks. i am going on a dyno on 17th may to see if my tweeking has done any good, it feels good but only a dyno run will give a true measure of what has happened after my tweeking. i have a dyno run from the eurospec dyno day 22nd march 2014. so any change should be down to the changes i have made.
should prove interesting, but i will say my changes are mainly aimed to make use of the knock resisting effect of LPG. So my petrol map is a bit rich due to the addition of timing to minimise knock if i do run on petrol. but then lean out the lpg fuel to about 12afr to gaing the power from the added timing.

i might have to start using switchable maps to do a optimised tune on petrol and lpg.

Pugme
09-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Yeah its mainly because my body kit will basically explode, I actually measured tonight, my front number has 60mm of clearance and my sidskirts have 55mm at the front and 75 on the rear of ground clearance!

I am already running a nutter john ROM but just reckon with the added downpipes and other mods it could be tweaked a bit more for performance and it would be nice to check it over for boost leaks or any other Japanese grmelins hiding in the bay!

But would prefer this to be done on a road tune.

John TheAntique
10-05-2014, 12:35 AM
Might be worth running it round the corner to http://www.evolveautomotive.com/ they are very helpful.

MYKEY
09-10-2014, 12:24 AM
I have the same question as Darren, does anybody know of anyone who can perform a re-map of a VR4 south of Birmingham ?
Already tried...Dynotech, AP-Tuning, Zensport and Eurospec.
I had hoped that there would be a tuning day sometime, but I can't see that happening now unless more people ask ?
If all else fails what would I need to map the ecu ( facelift 1999 ) myself, taking into account I know sweet F.A about mapping :huh2:
Thanks ( will try Evolve Automotive tomorrow )

evo1rs
09-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Yeah its mainly because my body kit will basically explode, I actually measured tonight, my front number has 60mm of clearance and my sidskirts have 55mm at the front and 75 on the rear of ground clearance!

I am already running a nutter john ROM but just reckon with the added downpipes and other mods it could be tweaked a bit more for performance and it would be nice to check it over for boost leaks or any other Japanese grmelins hiding in the bay!

But would prefer this to be done on a road tune.
My mate has a 200sx which he is taking to MB Automotive in Earith, Cambs for a road tune. Apparently he is sh*t hot. Also has a Facebook page.

swinks
09-10-2014, 06:43 PM
I would strongly recommend Dynotech at the moment. Excellent service from Bob (mechanical one) and Lee (master of tuning 7202 and H8 ecu :) )
Actually Lee said that if he get clean complete stock rom from vr4 MH7202 ecu he will spend some time on cracking one into SD conversion.

MYKEY
09-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Cheers Tomasz,

I had given them a call but heard nothing back, might try them again tomorrow and ask to speak with Lee in person :tiny:

swinks
10-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Lee is busy preparing himself for Snetterton. They have final sprint there on Saturday.
Calling Dynotech you have more chances to speak with Bob, so you can leave message for Lee, or arrange dyno with him.

MYKEY
10-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Thanks Tomasz,
Maybe that's why he didn't get back to me yet