PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE... well old member returns! What did I miss?!

FLPGACITUA
11-05-2014, 02:09 PM
I've been away for a while... Old username was thfelipeth.. anyway. I had a quick scroll through and I see we have moved to Forged internals??!! Awesome! about time. New power figures? are we catching up to the more popular 4 or 6 pot engines? stronger drivetrains? anyway. Its good to be back. Will become a member ASAP. I still look for nicely done Legnum VR4s.. My Car History. 2011 i changed the engine and converted to Manual. Fully rebuilt Gearbox and Aluminium Subframe.. Intake and Exhaust. Tein Adjustables with Aftermarket Springs... changed the cloth interior to full black Leather... Recently found a full Carbon fibre look centre console bits. all installed... same old maintanance.. looking for an Evo Alloy radiator and front Brembos.. I can now Tig/Mig weld and will be fabricating parts for the car too. probably looking at mostly making steering and braces for the EC5Ws. Anyway. would be awesome to meet new and old members again. Kenneth still around? Gly? anyway the car has been sitting and im slowly getting it back on track.
See you soon!

Nick Mann
11-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Why not use your old username? Welcome back. Carsten and Ken are still on here too. :D

Davezj
11-05-2014, 09:32 PM
hi there welcome back.

wintertidenz
12-05-2014, 05:55 AM
Have a look at Adam Findlay's build. He's got MIVEC heads onto his engine but not sure if anything else has been done from there.

Scott and I are also doing builds but at a slower pace, using TD04s.

Bender
12-05-2014, 06:20 AM
Welcome back to ClubVR4

FLPGACITUA
13-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Mivec heads! What! Lol it used to be that "It couldnt be done" .. with the TDO4 are you using adaptor plates or custom exhaust manifolds? Anywau. Sounds like a nice upgrade. May go well with the forged internals i saw from the group buy

FLPGACITUA
13-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Its a whole new start.. goes further then just my clubvr4 membership :)

wintertidenz
13-05-2014, 04:17 AM
The MIVEC heads appear to be doable - it's all down to knowledge and ability.

I'm building my own set of manifolds, as I am also going for external wastegate. I'll also be using standard internals as I won't be boosting above 18psi.

scott.mohekey
13-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Have a look at Adam Findlay's build. He's got MIVEC heads onto his engine but not sure if anything else has been done from there.

Scott and I are also doing builds but at a slower pace, using TD04s.

Adam also has a massive holset turbo, and is making custom cams and porting the heads, amongst other things.

And I'm pretty sure mine will be finished before Adams. As far as the engine is concerned, I only nee head studs. Everything else is here and ready to go together.

Adam.Findlay
13-05-2014, 12:07 PM
yeah I have a build thread detailing it all.
I am also 90% finished with making a set of 280 degree 12mm lift billet cams for carls forged engine build also.

low_vr4
15-05-2014, 12:15 AM
Welcome back Felipe