PDA

View Full Version : need front mount interccoler help

Cairnsy
14-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Hi ive tried searchig for "how to" threads etc and other threads of fitting a front mount intercooler to see any pics or lists of what all i need and what all is involed. I have a cooler waiting to be fitted but im wanting to be prepared for when i go to fit it like what degree silicone hose i need like 90 & 135 degree. Do i need one end to taper down to fit original hardpipe. Is it 2"

Also any pics of brackets would be great as im going to have to make my own aswel

Sorry if this has been asked loads of times. Im new and i have tried searching before i posting this.

Thanks

Davezj
14-05-2014, 07:42 AM
This is what you need if you have a style of intercooler in the first link. anything else and you will have to work it out for yourself.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?63187-Detonation-Knock-pre-ignition-removal-reduction&p=697695&viewfull=1#post697695
all the links still work surprisingly, but they are comon parts.

this parts are for a prefacelift VR4 intercooler mod if you have a Facelift then you will nee a prefacelift drivers side metal inlet pipe to the intercooler as it brings the pipework to the bottom of the intercooler.

plus brackets to mount it.

Cairnsy
14-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Thanks and yes i have a preface lift model cheers